Import from JTDX

F6EXV
Old Man

Import from JTDX

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
My JTDX QSOs are imported directly.
In Log4OM, I have set (among others) Eqsl to NO for both sent and received, and LoTW rcvd to NO, as default.

When a QSO comes in from JTDX, the HRD, HamQTH and qrz.com default are not changed, the eQSL is changed to Requested for both Sent and Rcvd, and LoTW Rcvd is changed to Requested.

1/ If a default is defined in the config setup, how come SOME of the QSLing is modified, others are not ? And why these, not the others ?
2/ Shouldn't the default have priority on these fields over anything imported, rather than having SOME changed ?

Or have I missed something ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Import from JTDX

Post by DF5WW »

Did you mean that JTDX is sending the QSO directly to Log4OM without using JTalert ?
If so it´s not possible that JTDX changing the QSL status so JTDX send no wsl status
lines to Log4OM and/or JTalert.

In JTalert you can set that LotW will stored as REQUESTED (or not) and this will
overwrite the Log4OM defaults.

1.png
1.png (44.59 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

This is exactly what I missed, in JTAlert, Juergen !
Thank you for pointing that out to me !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Well, I thought that was it... It is part of it !
Now the QSO is logged twice, some seconds apart, both with no longer changing the QSL options in L4OM.
The ONLY thing I changed was to tick these 2 off, so how come the QSOs are now logged twice ... ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

SV2HXX.jpg
SV2HXX.jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Seems you set it up incorrectly

Your either using JTalert to log and also UDP

or

You are using the ADIF monitor and UDP

Either will cause dupes
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

For a reason I am unable to explain, I prefer the logging to come from JTDX rather than JTAlert.

These UDP things are something I have NO understanding whatsoever. You are talking Javanese to me (not a criticism).
I want JTDX to log to Log4OM, and JTAlert to only alert me on new ones that I have programmed. I have two sessions running at the same time (you all read about it, right ?!), and as you can see on the attachment, my JTDX settings are absolutely identical (except the port numbers)
One session logs correctly (once), the other session logs twice.
On the JTAlert, there are two "pages" that are important (I think)
The logging page : I have the upper part correctly set up, all the logging options are ticked out, except the last one (Clear callsigns display after logging). This is identical on both sessions
The 'Log4OM V2" page : Enable Log4OM V2 logging is enabled, and "send WSJTx DX Call to Log4OM" is also ticked, on BOTH sessions. The rest of that page is identical, except the callsigns of course, and the path to the log (SQLite)

So where must I look to correct this double logging, while both sessions are set up the same way, one works fine, not the other ??
settings.jpg
settings.jpg (156.25 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Your in the wrong Place

If you want JTalert just to show required but NOT to log ...... disable logging to log4om in the JTALERT settings
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi Terry
Yes, that works.
But on the other callsign setup, this "Enable logging" is enabled, and QSOs are logged only once. Out of curiosity, how come ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 02:10 Hi Terry
Yes, that works.
But on the other callsign setup, this "Enable logging" is enabled, and QSOs are logged only once. Out of curiosity, how come ?
You must have done something wrong on the UDP setup for the other call sign, or you set it up using duplicated UDP port numbers
73 Terry G4POP