interfacing FLdigi and Log4om2 using a Flex

Ki4P
Novice Class

interfacing FLdigi and Log4om2 using a Flex

Post by Ki4P »

first of all to the guys who done the programming on Log4om, great job!
trying to follow the instructions in the user guide, pages 195 on, maybe I don't understand the wording or just plain have a brain fart! I do have the VSP app and did create one but unclear on the setup, I think if I read it right, using vsp, connect it to a port on my flex to key it, then connect the log4 and fldig to the virtual port? tried that but didn't seem to work, do have it when I log a contact in FLDigi log4 picks up the qso, in reading the below item from the manual I cant get it to do that if I understand it right

The above actions connect Log4OM to FLDigi to enable Log4OM to send the frequency and mode to FLDigi and the
entered call sign in FLDigi to be displayed and looked up in Log4OM.

in digi when I double click a call it puts it in the digi log up top but never see anything in Log4, or is there a special way to do it.
thanks in advance for any input
Richard
Last edited by Ki4P on 20 Dec 2020, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
AE6DS
Advanced Class

Re: interfacing a Flex 6400 to FLdigi and Log4om2

Post by AE6DS »

Is the problem that the flex isn't keying or isn't logging?

For logging you can use the Log4OM follow function on pg 204 of the current manual to pick up the QSO from the temp\Log.adif file.

For keying I have FLDigi connect direct to the SmartCAT serial port. No VSP.

For running multiple simultaneous copies of FLDigi I avoid OmniRig and use Hamlib going through SliceMaster so Log4OM controls whichever slice is TX. I have things manually configured for four instances of FLDigi but SliceMaster will do a good job of automatic configuration. With simultaneous FLdigi inatances I find it better not to use the Log4OM--FLdigi connection.

There is more than one way to setup Flex and Log4OM for digital, so it depends on what your goals are (how many digital programs do you run, do you use Log4OM or the digi program as the operating interface, etc.)

Dale
Ki4P
Novice Class

Post by Ki4P »

No, radio is working and keying fine, and FLDigi is sending the qso to log4 after I hit log contact in FLDigi. I guess my main interest is getting it to do as the next paragraph says! cant get the call sign to appear in log4 to be looked up and displayed like it does normally!

The above actions connect Log4OM to FLDigi to enable Log4OM to send the frequency and mode to FLDigi and the
entered call sign in FLDigi to be displayed and looked up in Log4OM.
Thanks!
AE6DS
Advanced Class

Post by AE6DS »

Ah gotcha.

Will defer to others since I explicitly disable that functionality in Log4OM in order to run multiple FLdigi instances. (FLdigi has similar features that play nicer with multiple receive slices)

Dale