Display distance in selected units

KA4CDN
Old Man

Display distance in selected units

Post by KA4CDN »

On the Recent QSO's (F7) tab, Cluster (F8) tab, (and everywhere else), display Distance in the user selected units. I know KM are the units in the database and in ADIF etc. I'm just suggesting the displayed distance be in user selected units. Otherwise I'm not sure what the purpose of the selection is.

Might also be helpful if the column headers display the units (km, mi, ly, etc).

Log4OM version 2.11.0.0

Mike / KA4CDN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Display distance in selected units

Post by KI5IO »

KA4CDN wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 14:04 On the Recent QSO's (F7) tab, Cluster (F8) tab, (and everywhere else), display Distance in the user selected units. I know KM are the units in the database and in ADIF etc. I'm just suggesting the displayed distance be in user selected units. Otherwise I'm not sure what the purpose of the selection is.

Might also be helpful if the column headers display the units (km, mi, ly, etc).

Log4OM version 2.11.0.0

Mike / KA4CDN
Mike,

If you right click on the grid labels you can edit the column labels to suit your needs as well as turn on/off columns for display or not.

Starting on Page 25 of the current U.G. is information about grid layout, labeling, etc.. Spans multiple pages with various data. Do a search in the U.G. for "grid" and see what you can find.
Attachments
EditGridLabels.JPG
EditGridLabels.JPG (35.45 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

hi and thanks for considering my question. I see where I can pick and chose columns but I do not see how to have distance displayed in Miles verses KM?

Mike
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Change to Miles instead of Kilometers. That should show yu the distance in Miles below the map.
Not sure about the distance grid so ADIF standard is 3 but could be possible that the distance is
show´n for the user in Miles too (not tested) and only kilometers when exporting ADIF.

You may try ... ;) ;)

1.png
1.png (20.27 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Hi. Yes I have that setting but the units are still in KM on the Recent QSO but they they are in MI on the cluster?!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 14:26 Hi. Yes I have that setting but the units are still in KM on the Recent QSO but they they are in MI on the cluster?!
Because the recent QSO's are as saved in your logbook and ready for exporting as an ADIF file with the correct KM format

You cannot set Log4OM to display miles in the list of qso's
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

There should be no reason that the displayed units must be the same as the ADIF export is there? When populating the display cell, you can do any calculation you want on the underlying data.

There isn't anything the manual that describes which fields are effected by the Distance Unit setting. And the various locations where distance is displayed are not presented with the units in use.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 01:10 There should be no reason that the displayed units must be the same as the ADIF export is there? When populating the display cell, you can do any calculation you want on the underlying data.
Correct, but that is the way it is
There isn't anything the manual that describes which fields are effected by the Distance Unit setting. And the various locations where distance is displayed are not presented with the units in use.

I will update it to stop confusion
73 Terry G4POP