New version LOG4OM problem

KB1FGC
Advanced Class

New version LOG4OM problem

Post by KB1FGC »

I upload to the newest version of LOG4OM.When I opened up my QSL file that I have as a backup,It changed all my columns to default.Is there anyway to work around this?
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
VK6RK
Novice Class

Re: New version LOG4OM problem

Post by VK6RK »

Same happened to me. All listing displays have been reset to default. :(

Also as per other upgrades, window positions reset too.

Now can NOT hide 'Row Id' and 'UniqueKey' columns, either.
Rick, VK6RK
OF77xw
KB1FGC
Advanced Class

Post by KB1FGC »

That's too bad,At least they hopefully will address the issue in the new version.Maybe the staff can offer some assistance.The last update was a breeze.
Rich
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
AB4IQ
New user

Post by AB4IQ »

I have the same problem and somewhere our old config file has to be somewhere unless the new version just decided to write over. I spent a lot of time configuring and now it appears to have vanished.

Ed.. AB4IQ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

VK6RK wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 00:24 Same happened to me. All listing displays have been reset to default. :(

Also as per other upgrades, window positions reset too.

Now can NOT hide 'Row Id' and 'UniqueKey' columns, either.
Rick,

RE: UniqueKey Column Do you have your log level set at "Trace" ??

If so change it back to "Info" and the UniqueKey Column will go away. It is only present when the Trace Log Level is selected.

RE: Row ID and resetting all grids to default Different issue there. We experienced that during one of our Alpha Releases and thought it was stamped out. I've already messaged the team to get solid response.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
VK6RK
Novice Class

Post by VK6RK »

KI5IO wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 01:42 Rick,

If so change it back to "Info" and the UniqueKey Column will go away. It is only present when the Trace Log Level is selected.

RE: Row ID and resetting all grids to default Different issue there. We experienced that during one of our Alpha Releases and thought it was stamped out. I've already messaged the team to get solid response.
Ok, thanks Nolan.

When I checked log level, it showed 'Info' so I changed it to 'Trace' and restarted Log4OM. 'UniqueKey' now no longer shows in the Worked Before window. :)
Interestingly, after the restart, log level still showed 'Info'. Guessing debug and trace are per session settings.
Rick, VK6RK
OF77xw
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KB1FGC wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 23:09 I upload to the newest version of LOG4OM.When I opened up my QSL file that I have as a backup,It changed all my columns to default.Is there anyway to work around this?
Watch this https://youtu.be/SHQJ9tWHvAI

Also see page 228 -229 of our latest user guide
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

VK6RK wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 01:56
KI5IO wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 01:42 Rick,

Ok, thanks Nolan.

When I checked log level, it showed 'Info' so I changed it to 'Trace' and restarted Log4OM. 'UniqueKey' now no longer shows in the Worked Before window. :)
Interestingly, after the restart, log level still showed 'Info'. Guessing debug and trace are per session settings.
Rick,

You can set the log level from the Help dropdown and it will be for that session (as you noted). You can also set the log level in the Configuration panel and it will be persistent. We've seen that someone has done that for testing and forgotten to return to INFO.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX