QSL Card Update Process

Moderator: OE6CLD

G0VSS
Novice Class

QSL Card Update Process

Post by G0VSS »

Hi
I am getting into the use of EQSL and LOTW but I have come up against a problem the answer to which is probably obvious or has been asked and explained previously.
The problem I have relates to paper QSL card confirmations. I have looked at the 2 videos on upload and updating QSL status.
I have QSL cards going back to 1995, the QSO information for these and all other contacts made from then and until now have been imported into LOG4OM.
I am now going through and updating the QSL card sent and received status, so for most of the old QSO's I have sent and also received a QSL card. However when I go to upload this QSO to LOTW (which I have manually updated as both sent and received) I get a popup saying that the qso cannot be uploaded. I have successfully uploaded other old QSO's where they do not have a QSL card without a problem.
I have more recent QSO's which I intend to upload where the QSL status will alter when I send a card and when I receive a card - so possibly 3 updates to the QSO, so I am anticipating the same problem trying to upload ?
I am aware that for DXCC etc., I may need to have them Validated before they can accepted for DXCC.

I hope you can help - if there is an explanation video or text for this, please can you point me in the right direction (I have read the manual but I cannot find the process for the problem I have)

Thanks
Ray
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Card Update Process

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Ray,

LoTW does not take care regarding your QSL status, it only matches internal QSOs. If your QSO partner has uploaded the QSO as well, there will be a match, and you will see the QSO as confirmed. There only is an exception for QSL cards verified by DXAC or a DXCC field checker.

Because LoTW does not store your QSL status, it does not make any sense to upload the same QSO with a changed QSL status. This only is a waste of processor time.

Please check the manual for details regarding the QSL workflow (submitted -> granted).

Can you please let me know what you want to achieve?

Claus
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Claus
This thread is 5 months old!
73 Terry G4POP
G0VSS
Novice Class

Post by G0VSS »

Hi Claus
Thanks for your response - this has now been resolved and I am now all fine on QSL confirmations.
Thanks and regards
Ray