Log4OM v1.41.0 odd problem with QRZ.com XML data processing

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Log4OM v1.41.0 odd problem with QRZ.com XML data processing

Post by yo3ipr »

Hi Team
I still use Log4OM version 1.41.0.0 and have no plans to move to v2 at present although I do have version 2.19.0 installed only for testing purposes.

I have an active XML subscription with QRZ.com.

I noticed a strange problem with only 1 callsign only so far. When I enter 7X3WPL Log4OM V1 does not find any data. Looking in the log I see this:

2022-03-04 18:11:38.9245 INFO: QrzComManagement: Begin search for 7X3WPL 2022-03-04 18:11:39.4577 WARN: QrzComManagement: QRZ.COM Lookup error: Not found: 7X3WPL

I have reported this to QRZ.com but so far they have not found the answer. They initially suggested checking the XML lookup here: http://xmldata.qrz.com/xcheck and indeed that all looks OK and much the same as any other callsign lookup - attached screenshot.

7X3WPL XML lookup web.jpg
7X3WPL XML lookup web.jpg (172.91 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

I also have the portable version of V1.41.0.0 on a USB drive for testing (also set to use my QRZ subscription for lookups) and that does the same.

However, I loaded up V2.19.0 (used for testing only) and that doesn't have any problem getting the full callsign data from QRZ.com using my subscription.

The problem is clearly something different in that QRZ.com record compared to most others, but whatever the issue is Log4OM v2 is unaffected while v1.41.0.0 is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks & 73

Tony YO3IPR
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Re: Log4OM v1.41.0 odd problem with QRZ.com XML data processing

Post by yo3ipr »

I managed to get the two attached XML files from the QRZ help team. Only two differences were of note in the 7X3WPL data:

<zip>CP:03000</zip>
- I tested to see if the : was a problem by using the same zip code in my own callsign record and this was not an issue

<expdate>0000-00-00</expdate>
- QRZ tell me that the "Effective" and "Expires" dates mainly appear on US calls where the data comes from the FCC database. Log4OM should be set to ignore these fields but I am now fairly certain that this is what is causing Log4OM V1 to say that no data was found. As I mentioned before, V2 doesn't have this issue.

Can someone please look into this and let me know.

Thanks & 73
Tony YO3IPR
Attachments
XML 7X3WPL.txt
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
XML YO3IPR.txt
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

yo3ipr wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 21:17 Hi Team
I still use Log4OM version 1.41.0.0 and have no plans to move to v2 at present although I do have version 2.19.0 installed only for testing purposes.
First of all, V1 is in maintenance only since V2 is developed.

There is no chance to import your settings from V1 to V2 so the structure has completely changed.
What you have to do to migrate to V2 is to run a complete configuration starting by 0 (zero). Also
the database structure is completely different so you can´t use a sqlite from V1.

First run the configuration and create a new database and activate it. Then export an ADIF as ADIF 3
from V1 and import it into the new database of V2. Normally all those steps are descibed in the V2
users manual.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
yo3ipr
Advanced Class

Post by yo3ipr »

Hi Jeurgen

I consider this issue to be a maintenance issue. Something which is not working as it should.

I accept that this is a small issue but I am curious to know what the problem is.

Other issues with V1 have been solved in the last few months with Lele''s help. That was by email since the V1 forums were locked for some time. In case you are interested that was about Clublog updates that stopped working and a change was needed in the config file.

I do not want to move to V2 thank you. I have been using V1 for 9 years now and it does everything I need. As someone who doesn't use digital modes there is needless extra complexity in V2 from my point of view. I am also not keen on the way the V2 cluster works among other things. At some future date I may change, but for now I have no plans to do so.

I think there are quite a lot of people still using V1. The program usage statistics (for those who enabled it) will provide the numbers.

Thanks & 73

Tony YO3IPR