CW Keyer

WB8ASI
Advanced Class

CW Keyer

Post by WB8ASI »

I recently got myself a Morttyv4 contest keyer. It was preassembled and tested, and gives me the expected "Hi" when powered up. It is programed for CW and I'd like to give it a try in the upcoming Michigan QSO Party this weekend. I plugged in the USB cable and see it's on COM5 in Device Manager and changed that setting accordingly. What other settings are needed??? I'm trying to use it with Log4OM v2.21.1.0 to key a Kenwood TS-590SG. When I try and connect in Log4OM, I get a message that "The operation has timed out" almost immediately. My 1st trying using the Log4OMv2 WinKeyer, and just starting my detective work on how to get it working. Any advice aiming me in the right direction is most appreciated. Tnx and 73, Herb WB8ASI
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CW Keyer

Post by DF5WW »

Look´s that this Keyer is not Winkeyer USB compatible.

https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=14862
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Re: CW Keyer

Post by PE5TT »

If you have de wright sketch uploaded to it (K3NG) Winkey2 (via emulation) is possible. i do not have a Morttykeyer, but i do have a Arduino Nano based keyer with the K3NG sketch, and it works fine with Log4OM and other Winkey2 compatible applications.

Quote from https://hamprojects.info/mortty/#cmtoc_anchor_id_2
The CW Keyer sketch delivers a very faithful emulation of the popular and widely supported Winkeyer version 2.3. If you are a CW operator and want an excellent CW keyer (but no RTTY), this is the sketch you want. Morttyv4 triple output for SO1V, SO2V, and SO2R CW operation is described in the installation and operating manual.
I suggest to try the Mortty with other software, for example the wk2mgr program from K1EL self to see of you can connect to Mortty keyer via the Winkey2 protocol, if you can't readout settings with wk2mgr not much point to try with Log4OM.
73 Marcel de PE5TT www.daverveld.eu