Problem entering paper QSL's received

ac5aa
Old Man

Problem entering paper QSL's received

Post by ac5aa »

I'm sure I must have a setting wrong, or I'm doing something wrong and can't figure it out. In the past, entering paper QSL cards when received was a simple task of entering the callsign, selecting the matching QSO and using the "orange" section of update the QSL information for that callsign/QSO. However, today with 2.21.1.0, when I bring up the QSL Manager, select "QSL" and enter the callsign I never receive a QSL entry even though the QSO is in the log. You can see an example in the attached screenshot where I've opened both the QSL and QSO managers and it is listed as a QSO, but does not appear when searched in the QSL manager window. I went to the manual just to be sure nothing had changed. Any suggestions or clues would be appreciated. Thanks, all - what a terrific logger!

73, Duane
Log4OM Screenshot-1.jpg
Log4OM Screenshot-1.jpg (177.42 KiB) Viewed 468 times
73, Duane AC5AA
ac5aa
Old Man

Re: Problem entering paper QSL's received

Post by ac5aa »

OK, thanks to a ham friend for the clue - once again, default settings have been changed. It bit me before on the LOTW exchange, and here, again, the "Sent" was set to "Requested". Who even looks at those (or uses them, for that matter?). Anyway, once that was reset to a nil entry, it started acting as expected. In the future I'd suggest that when updates are rolled out these fields be left empty so the user can fill them out as desired rather than set them to questionable entries. (Who sets "requested" for all paper QSL's these days?) So, yep, my error for not catching this even after it bit me once before. Hats off to WB4IT. 73, OM.
73, Duane AC5AA