two 'errors' and a request

Yes, sometimes it happens... Please report any bugs here
VK7XX
Old Man

two 'errors' and a request

Post by VK7XX »

Report 1) The QSO Archive window is not remembering its last used position. I have a dual monitors setup as one large screen with Log4om all on the right hand side. The QSO Archive window always opens in the top left and not where I last used it (on the right)

Report 2) This one is probably going to be difficult to find. I do not use auto upload of qso info to LOTW or eQSL or HRDlogbook because I just make too many typos and prefer to double check everything before uploading.... So, when I open postbox, put in the call of the contact I wish to upload, choose either eqsl or lotw and then search and right click on the call info and choose "Upload/Update HRDlog.net......." sometimes this updates the 'Recent QSO' column for HRDLog Upload Status' and sometimes it does not. When it does not update that column I check HRDlogbook to see that the upload has taken place and then have to go to QSO Manager / QSO Archive to manually update the status. Being intermittant, I cannot pin-point the why.............

And this ties in with my subject of a request as well..... When manually uploading eQSl or LOTW, there is a feedback window. When manually uploading for HRDlogbook, there is no feedback at all... is it possible to add some form of feedback window ??? (I do not use ClubLog so do not know if this has a feedback window or not).

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: two 'errors' and a request

Post by G4POP »

Hi John,

item 1- This is already on our Mantis list

Item 2. I will check this out

Item 3 - Unfortunately I don't believe we receive feedback messages from HRDLog but I will check with Claudio of HRDLog about that - If we don't receive a feedback message we can't provide a flag as you request
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Thinking about item 3 We might be getting an acknowledgement back from HRDLog but not be using it because if in a pile up or contest with auto upload selected there would be dozens of confirmation pop and each one would have to be cancelled by the user - Most annoying!

Anyway I have asked Claudio and I am sure Daniele will comment.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

We receive something back, but due the fact there is not an interface like lotw/eqsl i didn't set any feedback. I can set a feedback when uploading manually, if needed.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:I can set a feedback when uploading manually, if needed.
That would satisfy johns request but I think it would be a bad idea to show feedback on auto uploads
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

well, on automatic uploads it's bad, but if user do this manually we can add a message (it's made one by one).
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH