Automatically open detached grids

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

Automatically open detached grids

Post by VK7XX »

Would it be possible to have the program automatically open detached grids that were open when the program is closed down ??

I like to have the 'Recent QSO' grid open all the time and have 'detached' it and placed it where I want it to be. The program does save the position and size, but each time I open the software, I have to click (or f8) the recent qso button and then click 'Detach Grid' again... It would be nice if the grid just opened as it was when I closed down.

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Automatically open detached grids

Post by G4POP »

John,
I believe this is already on our Mantis list I will check
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I would also like this feature. With CAT control, I like to run with Cluster Scanner tab on the main window, but then detach the QSO Lookup detached below, then the Worked Bands detached below. And of course the Cluster in a separate window on the second monitor. So it would be nice to be able to open the program and have all these windows return to their previous location and size.

Thanks. Loving this program!

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Doug
it's not simple. Some windows are detached on startup because related with services that starts in background.
"cold windows" that doesn't host active services cannot be detached automatically, at least now, because i've no services starting for the recent qso tab, as example, that could drive a detachment as part of initialization.

To do that i must create a function that "parse" all detached panels on closing, and reparse them on startup...

Need some thoughts about :)
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH