POTA references are out of date in v2.26 as of 14 Feb 2023

V2 error reports
na7c
Novice Class

POTA references are out of date in v2.26 as of 14 Feb 2023

Post by na7c »

I selected the Awards tab, selected POTA and typed in K-3164, which was in the all parks file back in November 2022, but nothing was found. I searched this forum for possible solutions, saw a lot of comments about how impossible it would be to automate this process, and saw a very informational post about referencing the section in the Users Manual and following the process for updating WWFF entries and that the process is similar for POTA.

What I found is that you must hit the PREVIEW button (I first had to find the Awards Manager which is under the Utilities tab) after specifying the import file to see the field names (I must have missed that in the manual). I had to guess which fields went where (for example, "Name" goes in the "Reference Description" field). I then fortunately discovered that after I hit Next I had to hit the "Import Award" button to start the import and then the "Save Award" button to complete the process. I am including this detail in hopes that others looking for a solution don't have to spend hours scouring the manual or this forum for an answer.

Now, onto my problem. I can enter new POTA QSOs with the missing K-3164 POTA reference, but I cannot update the QSO with the K-3164 reference that had the problem in the first place. It is behaving like I haven't updated the POTA references. Am I missing an important step?
k0mos
Novice Class

Re: POTA references are out of date in v2.26 as of 14 Feb 2023

Post by k0mos »

Thanks for the post. It got me a step closer to importing the ALL PARKS list. I am getting DXCC not found during the import. How did you deal with this? Is it even important?
k0mos
Novice Class

Re: POTA references are out of date in v2.26 as of 14 Feb 2023

Post by k0mos »

Well, I was successful adding the missing parks (VK in my case) by deleting everything in the all_parks.csv list and importing according to your steps.

With the QSO manager I was able to added POTA references to existing QSOs.
Selecting several QSO and using the update "MY" UPDATE to add a POTA reference showed a wrong SOTA reference. I had to delete the wrong SOTA ref and add the correct one before hitting the EXECUTE button.

A little clunky but it worked.