Log4OM hangs when sending QSOs to LOTW

V2 error reports
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM hangs when sending QSOs to LOTW

Post by G4POP »

k3uk wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 02:17 I had this working as a rookie in my my first week , a couple of weeks ago. However I had to move this to a new computer yesterday , so set up Log4OM again from scratch . It now hands when I close the program, just like the post earlier in this thread. I don't think I am trying to upload 10,000+ . I assumed it would just upload the few I worked today. My database is from a ADIF file I exported from Log4OM on my other computer.
Andy K3UK
Did you read our user guide about transferring Log4OM to another PC? page 238 refers
73 Terry G4POP
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

Well, despite the hang on LoTW upload (and having to "end task" ) the upload DID work because my QSOs from last night are present today at LoTW.
Terry, thanks for the tip about page 238. I should have looed at the guide . I looked in the main Log4OM folder and saw no config-type file and "assumed" I could not do what page 238 clearly tells me I can . Tut-tut.

Andy K3UK
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

Whether running Log4OM as an "Administrator" or booting normally, the program never fully closes. It disappears from the task bar as expected but if I go to reboot Log4OM I am advised the program is already running. I have to get into the Task Manager and end background processing for Log4OM. This happens on two different PC's, both Win 10.
Andy K3UK
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

The solution In my case was:
to configure the temp folder as suggested in the manual, LotW config tab : user > name > Appdata > Roaming > Log4OM > temp.
During the config of LotW in Log4OM, I had created a different temp folder as suggested in the manual.
I couldn't upload to LotW any qsos, allways just one, the upload freez.
But the qsos was uploaded to LotW, (checked online) not confirmed in Log4OM as uploaded, very strange.
It looks like, log4om doesn't accept any other temp folder than: user > name > Appdata > Roaming > Log4OM > temp.
I have tested at 2 PC and the problem was solved.

vy 73 Hans DF2MC