Uploading old QSOs

NZ5Y
Novice Class

Uploading old QSOs

Post by NZ5Y »

I'm in process of uploading my old paper logs to Log4OM. I have asked around and it seems a lot of people are finding confirmations of old paper logs of qsos by entering them online. So I want to have all this in one database. I can enter a few into my current configuration, but I'll need to create a new configuration for my former QTH. I think that's how to do all that.

But how do I upload all those old QSOs to LoTW and eQSL and QRZ? I'm not sure what the program keys on to decide which qsos are new (or in this case, newly added old qsos) to upload. I'll have some that are in the current configuration and some in the former QTH configuration.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Uploading old QSOs

Post by G4POP »

First concentrate on loading your paper logs, best way to do that is to use the Log4OM LazyLog facility from the Utilities menu, full instructions in our user guide

While your busy loading your old logs take some time out to read about confirmations in the user guide and also watch the three YouTube videos entitled Confirmations 1, 2 and 3, that should provide a thorough undestanding of how to upload to the on line logbooks
73 Terry G4POP
NZ5Y
Novice Class

Post by NZ5Y »

Thanks for the quick answer. I set up all the confirmation uploads to LoTW, eQSL, HAMqth and Clublog, and have manually uploaded to QRZ. This for all my new qsos. So when I add a "new" qso that is really years old, with these still be uploaded as new entries, even though they are very old? If so, maybe I don't have to do anything but enter them! I was just concerned I'd have to do some special process since these qsos are so old.

Steve
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes they will
73 Terry G4POP
NZ5Y
Novice Class

Post by NZ5Y »

Ok, now I've sorted through all my logs and I have different callsigns and different station locations.
N5BTX has qsos at qth1 and qth2

KD5AE has qsos at qth2

Nz5Y has qsos at qth3 and at my current qth4.

So should I set up different configurations for each qth, or for each callsign, or for each combination of qth/callsign? Or do I need to set these up separately at all? I have an LOTW Callsign Certificate for each call. For DXCC they're all in one entity so all ok. For WAS they are in two different areas more than 50 miles apart, so qth1 and qrh4 are in the same town, and qth2 and qth3 are in. Different town 600km away, with two different gridsquare locators.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No, in Lazylog you are able to enter 'My Call', 'My Grid' etc so there is no need to keep changing configs

Screenshot 2023-03-17 082809.png
Screenshot 2023-03-17 082809.png (31.13 KiB) Viewed 370 times
73 Terry G4POP
NZ5Y
Novice Class

Post by NZ5Y »

Thanks Terry. On LOTW, I have different callsign certificates for each callsign I have. If I just send everything from my primary callsign (NZ5Y) as is set up in Log4OM, will it sort out the ones that used my other callsigns without me having to upload separately? I have all for certificates in one account on LOTW.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You will need to change the lotw data in the config of log4om for each different batch you upload so the certs match
73 Terry G4POP
NZ5Y
Novice Class

Post by NZ5Y »

Thanks Terry.