What is best way to update the user config.json

w8qh
Novice Class

What is best way to update the user config.json

Post by w8qh »

I am wondering if there is a different way to update the config.json user file?
I am using Log4OM 2 V.2.26.0.0
The problem is that when I use LOTW in the Utilities sometimes it defaults to NO after I have to close the program and reboot the pc due to an update. I can manually select Requested, but it never finds a station in the log.
So I then close Log4OM, edit the config.json located in /roaming/Log4om/user and restart the program. Before I close the program I make sure that the tic is on Requested under External services LOTW.

But is there a better way to have this remembered? vs going through what I go through?

tia
Ed
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: What is best way to update the user config.json

Post by KI5IO »

w8qh wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 21:30 I am wondering if there is a different way to update the config.json user file?
I am using Log4OM 2 V.2.26.0.0
The problem is that when I use LOTW in the Utilities sometimes it defaults to NO after I have to close the program and reboot the pc due to an update. I can manually select Requested, but it never finds a station in the log.
So I then close Log4OM, edit the config.json located in /roaming/Log4om/user and restart the program. Before I close the program I make sure that the tic is on Requested under External services LOTW.

But is there a better way to have this remembered? vs going through what I go through?

tia
Ed
Ed,

Did you or have you properly set up the Confirmations Options per each source? IE: LOTW, Eqsl, QRZ, etc., etc??

That is done at: Settings / confirmations and then choose the 'type' of choice and set the Sent / Rcvd values as you are used to operating with. Personally I don't use 'requested' .... I'm old-fashioned and use 'yes & no' ... but that is my operating method.

Then you also have to go to: Settings / External Services and select the LOTW tab and then tic the 'no' or 'requested' box as to what fits with your operating usage.

Also ... if you are running FTxx and happen to be using JTAlert there is a tic box in the JTAlert setup that will change the Log4OM choice you have made. You have to make a change there to ensure that things happen as you expect.

BTW - Have you looked this up in our extensive User Guide as all this is spelled out in that guide. Also Terry has done 3 individual YouTube Videos about "Confirmations" and also goes over this.

There is absolutely no reason for you or any OM to have to tweak a config.json file.

Also ... once you make changes in the configuration panels you have to properly "Save & Apply" and in most cases that will also necessitate a restart of Log4OM for the changes to be properly made/set.

Also ... the most current release is V 2.26.0.3 (beta). Those of us on the Alpha/Beta teams have been using it for well over a month and Lele made it available to everyone as of 01/29/23. D/L and install that release as there is a lot of changes and corrections as you can read in the Release Notes.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you save using this save icon before save and apply? if not thats your issue

Screenshot 2023-02-10 232534.png
Screenshot 2023-02-10 232534.png (38.14 KiB) Viewed 427 times
73 Terry G4POP
w8qh
Novice Class

Post by w8qh »

Nolan,
After my last edit and update, I have not experienced the problem, nor needed to edit the file.