Version 2.27.1.0 problem

VK7XX
Old Man

Version 2.27.1.0 problem

Post by VK7XX »

I installed the subject version earlier today and I am using it in association with WSJT-X Improved Version 2.6.1 and with JTAlert version 2.60.5. Since installing the new Log4OM I have noticed that it no longer is logging Operator Names and in order to get that column filled, (recent QSO's) I have to edit each contact and click the 'Refresh Data' icon and the the name colum gets populated.

Is this a new bug ???

Regards
John
VK7XX

(Added by way of edit after reading the replies)......

would anyone reading be able to provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix this problem ???? I am sure I am not the only dumb one here that would greatly appreciate any assistance.... otherwise, its back to the previous version for me, which worked flawlessly.

John
Last edited by VK7XX on 21 Mar 2023, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Version 2.27.1.0 problem

Post by G4POP »

Did you remove and replace the udp connections using the new parameters

See
User guide
Release notes
Post in News section of this forum
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 21:52 Did you remove and replace the udp connections using the new parameters

See
User guide
Release notes
Post in News section of this forum
No, I did not. And I know I am getting old, but I cannot find the information that I need to add/change/edit

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well I am 83 so no hope for me either!

See https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260

Latest user guide page 217 》》》》》》》

Release notes in help/about
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 22:09 Well I am 83 so no hope for me either!

thankyou Terry.. I am almost but not quite same age as you but I do have some issues and those issues make this just all too hard for me. It is a shame that an "upgrade" does not do this automatically for dumbarses like me. I think I will just go back to the previous version where it all worked.

Thanks again for your assistance

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7XX wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 23:23

thankyou Terry.. I am almost but not quite same age as you but I do have some issues and those issues make this just all too hard for me. It is a shame that an "upgrade" does not do this automatically for dumbarses like me. I think I will just go back to the previous version where it all worked.

John

Well you managed to set it up origionally and the latest release makes set up even easier because it provides preset choices so you should be able to do it again.
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 09:35
VK7XX wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 23:23

John

Well you managed to set it up origionally and the latest release makes set up even easier because it provides preset choices so you should be able to do it again.
Thanks for your suggestions Terry. The latest release does everything I want it to EXCEPT that it does not populate the persons name in the log. Every other field gets populated EXCEPT for the name. For whatever reason, my brain is not functioning well enough for me to see my way through to fix this one little thing and it is frustrating the hell out of me. I have now gone back to 2.26.0.0 which works perfectly. I am hoping that someone can point me to a simple way to fix this no name population thing... my current bout of brain fog is frustrating the hell out of me.... someone.... anyone...

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

John,
As your only a ham member of qrz and don't pay for an xml subscription, you won't receive full data from qrz

Solution is to use Hamqth which is free

Program config/info providers
73 Terry G4POP
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:52 John,
As your only a ham member of qrz and don't pay for an xml subscription, you won't receive full data from qrz

Solution is to use Hamqth which is free

Program config/info providers
I do have a subscription, but its not under VK7XX. which is why the earlier versions work perfectly. .. Anyway, Lets go back to my original post where I said "I am using it in association with WSJT-X Improved Version 2.6.1 and with JTAlert version 2.60.5." and let me add additional info that I probably should have included before... If I work someone in SSB, everything works just fine... However, I am working FT8, using WSJT-X and JTAlert... I click on a callsign in JTAlert to work that station, All of the fields on Log4om main window get populated, .... Yes, on the Log4OM Main screen, the name box (that is directly under the callsign of the station being worked) does get populated... I work the station and click the logqso window that JTAlert pops up.... In version 2.26.0.0 ALL the info gets saved to log4om.. In version 2.27.1.0 all the info EXCEPT the Operators Name gets saved.

Can anyone tell me why Version 2.26.0.0 works perfectly but 2.27.0.0 does not, and, can anyone help me with a simple step by step solution ??

thanks in advance
John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Now I understand your issue but not the cause!

Can you set debug mode in the help menu

Have a qso, so that the lack of name saving happens

From the help menu, create a support request and email it to me at my email address shown on qrz
73 Terry G4POP