LOTW error

KB1FGC
Advanced Class

LOTW error

Post by KB1FGC »

Hi,I can't seem to get 4 logs to upload to LOTW.It says unexpexted error.This all started with trying to confirm some older QSO's.I seemed to have loaded some recent QSO's without an issue.It seems that if I want to change older QSO status it causes an error.I tried to install the latest versionofTrusted QSL but still an issue.
here is what I get when uploaded on LOG4OM:
Attempting to upload 5 QSOs
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\temp\LOTW_UPLOAD_20230326042114.adi: Got an unexpected response on Log upload! Maybe the site is down?
Final Status: Unexpected LoTW Response(3)
The response from the LoTW server was unexpected or unrecognized
LOTW END

Thanks 73
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW error

Post by G4POP »

Maybe due to contest weekend preasure on LOTW try Monday
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

It has been confirmed on the LOTW Reflector that there is/are some issues with processing files on the LOTW server(s).

No official reply yet from any ARRL executive as to any repairs being done.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

There might have been another issue. Whether or not it was related to the backlog, I don't know. I have seen some similar reports on the ARRL-LOTW group. These reports, as well as the one Rich made, were before the WPX contest. At any rate, that particular issue seems to have been a brief one. However, there is a large backlog of files being processed. At one point it was more than 24 hours. I suggest not uploading any files to LOTW until the backlog gets cleared. Yes, your files will probably show up there, eventually. However, I think it might be a good idea to give the LOTW system a chance to catch up with what is already there. Everything done on LOTW takes a certain amount of resources. This includes uploading and downloading files, requesting a certificate, applying for an award, etc. Those of you who have Log4OM set to do an upload at shutdown might want to turn that off temporarily.

There are things that need to be fixed on LOTW, but this isn't the place to discuss that. There are plenty of comments on the ARRL-LOTW group. https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-LoTW

Here is a link to the webpage that shows the current backlog:
https://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

Jim N6VH
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

LOTW is back to normal.

Jim N6VH
ei3grb
Novice Class

Post by ei3grb »

uploads ok but not downloading confirmations,
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ei3grb wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 20:46 uploads ok but not downloading confirmations,
Bob,

Did you use QSL Manager / LOTW and tap the button to download any confirmations that may be been processed?

The d/l's don't happen automatically. You have to take a very few minor clicks to see what you may get.

Have you watched the 3 YouTube videos that Terry did on "Confirmations" that go over the entire upload/download process of Q's ?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ei3grb
Novice Class

Post by ei3grb »

yes 31000 confirmations downloaded from lotw, so I must have been doing something right.

tried there now and worked straight away and updated recently confirmed correctly

I made no changes to Log4OM so the lotw must have had issues when I tried last evening