question for flex users

kn4tc
Novice Class

question for flex users

Post by kn4tc »

I had log4om working with my ftdx10 and wsjt.
I now have a flex 6600. I managed to get cat control working using slice master and hamlib but it only works for slice a. Is there a way to get cat control to switch slices?
I had log4om configured to automatically log the qso from wsjt. With the new flex configuration in hamlib instead of omnirig this does't work. How do I get it set up?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: question for flex users

Post by KI5IO »

kn4tc wrote: 02 May 2023, 19:49 I had log4om working with my ftdx10 and wsjt.
I now have a flex 6600. I managed to get cat control working using slice master and hamlib but it only works for slice a. Is there a way to get cat control to switch slices?
I had log4om configured to automatically log the qso from wsjt. With the new flex configuration in hamlib instead of omnirig this does't work. How do I get it set up?
Joe,

I'm guessing you have not yet scanned the User Guide that is dated: 23/03/2023 9:15 PM

I strongly suggest that you d/l the current version at: Help / User Guide / English (force update)

I recommend that you also check at least monthly for an updated U.G.

Anyway ... There is detailed information about setting up a Flex starting on Page 211 of the U.G.

Give that a view and see if your questions are answered.

Another member of our Alpha Support Team uses a Flex rig, but would also first recommend looking at the details in the U.G.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kn4tc
Novice Class

Post by kn4tc »

I did review the manual and that was how I was able to get log4om cat control via hamlib to work for one slice.
I have since switched back to omnirig which solved the problem with wsjt. It once again exports qso's to log4om automatically, though I don't understand why one cat control program works and not the other.

The issue of cat control for more than one slice was not addressed in the manual, so if any flex users can help it will be much appreciated.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

kn4tc wrote: 03 May 2023, 00:45 It once again exports qso's to log4om automatically, though I don't understand why one cat control program works and not the other.
They are two different animals and connect using different technology. I assume you only have 1 slice working with Omnirig as I have never been able to make two work without using HamLib.

I am currently operating via smartlink and the release version of Slicemaster does not work remote/smartlink so I cant test for you. I might do an install remotely and see if mine still works.

What is your end goal? The main reason I used Slicemaster was the provide the bridge for CWskimmer. I am guessing you want to operate and log 2 slices of WSJT?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I used to use Omnirig rig 1 for one slice and rig 2 for the other using whatever the Flex CAT connection was called.

Dont have those issues now as I upgraded to a SunSDR using TCI integration, I find this suits me better than Flex or Anan because the software is better IMHO
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Terry, I was never able to constantly get that to work. Have not tried it in a while though.

You would think that with the Flex and each slice being on different COMs it would be like two radios but it wasn't. I remember talking to you and Lele about it but don't remember the outcome.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KD0ZV wrote: 03 May 2023, 19:53 Terry, I was never able to constantly get that to work. Have not tried it in a while though.

You would think that with the Flex and each slice being on different COMs it would be like two radios but it wasn't. I remember talking to you and Lele about it but don't remember the outcome.
Yes you just create two different flex com ports, smartcat?
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Yes exactly. Mine has always been temperamental. As a matter of fact right now I cant get radio2/slice2 to work at all. I switch to Radio 2 and after a short time Log4OM shows 1 again as it did not switch.

The reason I liked HamLib was it would auto switch the active slice to Log4om and I could log any slice that was active.

The reason I disliked HamLib was it had to be started in right sequence. If you lost connectivity for whatever reason you had to restart apps in certain order.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team