Mark recent QSO with Rig ID

General discussions V2
m0eas
Novice Class

Mark recent QSO with Rig ID

Post by m0eas »

In my Omnirig setup, my rig type 1 is a 7610 and rig type2 a KX3. Does this Omnirig rig type id stamped against the QSO somewhere in the DB ?

Looking if I can add an Omnirig identifier into my call list to sort / filter my contacts by radio used.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Mark recent QSO with Rig ID

Post by KI5IO »

m0eas wrote: 16 May 2023, 17:06 In my Omnirig setup, my rig type 1 is a 7610 and rig type2 a KX3. Does this Omnirig rig type id stamped against the QSO somewhere in the DB ?

Looking if I can add an Omnirig identifier into my call list to sort / filter my contacts by radio used.
Phil,

Do you have your rigs set up in Configuration / Station Configuration ??

You can add the "My Rig" column to most (if not all) of the grid fields and then size and place that column where it best suits your needs.

I went to the QSO Manager routine to enable that column for my installation and to get the screen clips below.

You would be able to sort on the column and enter in the Rig ID of your choice be it 7610 or kx3, etc., etc..

Check images below.

Attachments
stationconfig.JPG
stationconfig.JPG (63.54 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
qsomngrmyrig.JPG
qsomngrmyrig.JPG (109.01 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
qsomngrcolumnschoice.JPG
qsomngrcolumnschoice.JPG (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
m0eas
Novice Class

Post by m0eas »

Thanks Nolan.

I had had a play and can see that a default rig can be applied to a profile per default rig which can be saved as a unique 'Rig' icon on my desktop. This this can be added into the table as you describe.

Is this the only way to handle this. This means if I change radios, I have to sign off and back on ? I typically use the KX3 for CW and the 7610 for all modes, jumping between the two at will.

If there isn't another way, can I make a feature suggestion?

Maybe a possibility to optionally link the default rig in the user configuration settings to an omni rig profile rig Id (obviously can only link a max of 2). That would means that if marked, changing from Omnirig 1 to 2 would also change the default settings in the parameters (and thus the My Rig stamp in the QSO log).

m0eas
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Phil,

If you are desiring something other (as you have noted) then I would write that up with clarity and post it in the Feature Section of the Forum.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX