re-sending confirmations to LOTW

NZ5Y
Novice Class

re-sending confirmations to LOTW

Post by NZ5Y »

Ok, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but MOST of my QSOs had blank RX FREQ or incorrect Band RX or both. So a whole lot of my QSOs on LOTW were shown as Cross-Band. So I fixed them one at a time by hand. Now I'm attempting to re-upload them to LOTW. It does not seem to work. I'm using QSL Manager and selecting all those with LOTW Sent = "Yes" (that's all of them) and LOTW Received not selected (since there are several "Yes" and several "No"). I'm guessing this isn't they way to do this, because it doesn't do anything. Again all I'm trying to do is update all these records to have the right Band RX and RX Freq after I manually updated them and get rid of the Cross-band indication.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: re-sending confirmations to LOTW

Post by KI5IO »

NZ5Y wrote: 23 May 2023, 20:34 Ok, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but MOST of my QSOs had blank RX FREQ or incorrect Band RX or both. So a whole lot of my QSOs on LOTW were shown as Cross-Band. So I fixed them one at a time by hand. Now I'm attempting to re-upload them to LOTW. It does not seem to work. I'm using QSL Manager and selecting all those with LOTW Sent = "Yes" (that's all of them) and LOTW Received not selected (since there are several "Yes" and several "No"). I'm guessing this isn't they way to do this, because it doesn't do anything. Again all I'm trying to do is update all these records to have the right Band RX and RX Freq after I manually updated them and get rid of the Cross-band indication.
Steve,

In QSL Manager with the LOTW option selected you can select all the Q's you want to again upload to LOTW. Select them much like you would in an Excel spreadsheet.

You can do a bulk edit to change those Q's you have edited to have the LOTW "Sent" label changed from Yes to No.

Then ... once that is done ... Just tap the Select Required button followed by the Upload Selected QSO button. A new window will open and you then just tap the Up Arrow and they will be sent along to LOTW.

Have you watched the YouTube Videos that Terry (G4POP) did on Confirmations? There are 3 episode of that item and goes over all items related to the the confirmations of QSOs.

You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug

Scroll through the list and you will find them labeled: Confirmations, Confirmations 2 and Confirmations 3.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NZ5Y
Novice Class

Post by NZ5Y »

Well I didn't change the LOTW Sent from "Yes" to "No". But I selected LOTW, then used the SENT dropdown on the QSL <Manager Search Confirmation box to select the YESes, and it did select all 141 of them. Then I tried to upload, and after a couple of lines in the window it said something like TSQL ..." and just stayed at that level without completing for over an hour, and when I checked LOTW it had not received anything.

I'll try actually changing the LOTW Sent field and try again.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

NZ5Y wrote: 24 May 2023, 00:29 Well I didn't change the LOTW Sent from "Yes" to "No". But I selected LOTW, then used the SENT dropdown on the QSL <Manager Search Confirmation box to select the YESes, and it did select all 141 of them. Then I tried to upload, and after a couple of lines in the window it said something like TSQL ..." and just stayed at that level without completing for over an hour, and when I checked LOTW it had not received anything.

I'll try actually changing the LOTW Sent field and try again.
Steve,

You HAVE to change the LOTW Sent "Yes" ... to "No". Then follow the steps I outlined above.

I also told you to change the Yes to No and you did not do that. The Q's will not be uploaded to LOTW as (for some reason/somehow) you had already set them to "Yes". Once sent and labeled as "Yes" they won't get resent.

Do the steps I outlined above.

And take the time to watch the YouTube videos on Confirmations ... there are 3 of them.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX