Log4OM & wsjtx time problem

TA5O
Novice Class

Log4OM & wsjtx time problem

Post by TA5O »

Log4OM records the QSO time as 00:00 while automatically transferring the QSO I made from wsjtx. How can i fix this problem?
You can see it in the attached pictures.
Note: I manually corrected the times of the other ft8 qso.
TA5O
Orcun
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (165 KiB) Viewed 488 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (136.52 KiB) Viewed 488 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (224.75 KiB) Viewed 488 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM & wsjtx time problem

Post by KI5IO »

Orcun,

Some questions here:

What version of Log4OM are you using? BTW - new release (V 2.27.1.10) is available for d/l here: https://www.log4om.com/download/

Is your FTxx configuration directly from WSJTx to Log4OM? Or is Gridtracker or JTAlert also in use?

Is WSJTx input via UDP Connections or ADIF input?

How do you have your "Set QSO Start time ..." set at: Settings / Configuration / User Preferences ?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
TA5O
Novice Class

Post by TA5O »

I'm using 2.27.1.0 version of Log4OM. I also tried V 2.27.1.10 version, but nothing changed.

My FTxx configuration is directly from WSJTx to Log4OM. Gridtracker or JTAlert not in use.

My WSJTx input via UDP Connections is attached pictures.

''How do you have your "Set QSO Start time'' attached picture

thanks in advance
TA5O
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (172.9 KiB) Viewed 474 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 474 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (81.97 KiB) Viewed 474 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Orcun,

When you updated to v 2.27.1.0 did you "delete" your existing/former UDP Inbound Connections and then build new ones using the Preset Config buttons on the Inbound Connections tab?

Based in your images I'm going to guess that you did that and then turned off some of the parameters?

If you simply just 'adjusted' your prior UDP Inbound Connections please "delete" them and then rebuild using the Preset Config buttons.

Now ... if you have already done that and 'de-selected' some of the parameters ... try enabling the "Use_External_Data" parameter and see if that helps or not.

Are there any tic boxes in the WSJTx APP configuration that touches on time, etc.? I just glanced at the User Guide for WSJTx and didn't not anything that stuck out at me with respect to that.

I'm just trouble-shooting one layer at a time. As I've often said: "Let's peel the onion one layer at a time."

Take a look at this PDF that Lele created and posted on another OM's thread about FTxx.

https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/usermanual ... ith_JT.pdf

Plano, TX
TA5O
Novice Class

Post by TA5O »

I think this problem is not related to wsjtx/log4om settings.

lotw was giving error ''qso has no time information'' when installing to lotw.

So, I saved the logs and deleted the log4om and reinstalled log4om.

When I uploaded my logs to log4om again, As seen in the attached pictures, the time of all log records was 00:00.

I have been using log4om about for 4 years. Didn't have this problem before. This problem happened after I reinstalled log4om after formatting my computer.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (125.19 KiB) Viewed 445 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (249.27 KiB) Viewed 445 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (227.48 KiB) Viewed 445 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Orcun,

With other APPs experiencing somewhat similar then there is likely something with your O/S affecting time/date.

Did you use an existing Windows 10 or put in the Windows 11?

Should not make any difference, but I've read about some crazy things happening with the W-11 installations. I have W-10 on my laptops (they can't be updated to W-11 ... too old), but my wife has W-11 on her laptop and it is working FB. We've not experienced anything different in our day-to-day operating between W-10 and W-11 ... but others have.

Hard to figure out sometimes.
Plano, TX
TA5O
Novice Class

Post by TA5O »

I used an existing Windows 10 again. I'dont like win11. :)

Unfortunately if i can't solve the problem i will start using another log. Because this is a big problem.

Thank you very much for patiently answering.

TA5O
Orcun
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

TA5O wrote: 26 May 2023, 18:37 I used an existing Windows 10 again. I'dont like win11. :)

Unfortunately if i can't solve the problem i will start using another log. Because this is a big problem.

Thank you very much for patiently answering.

TA5O
Orcun
Strange that your the only user out of several thousands reporting this issue I wonder if you set up the incoming UDP correctly in accordance with the instructions provided?
73 Terry G4POP