Awards?

Moderator: OE6CLD

N5INP
Old Man

Awards?

Post by N5INP »

Ok I give up. I'm an idiot. I've looked at the manual and searched this forum (I tried to search for "award" but the system told me it was too common a word so I couldn't perform the search).

What in the heck are all these "awards" categories I'm seeing all over the place here, and where do I learn about them, how are they verified, etc.?
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Awards?

Post by IW3HMH »

:D
Well, awards (other than the usual ones we already have onboard) is a new feature that permit logging the otherwise called "references" or "activations".
Custom awards can be downloaded here, are included in the release 1.17 and can be user-created as well.

With this part of code you can keep trace of activations and awards (lighthouses, parks, lakes, castles, bunkers, islands, provinces and everything else supported in the award list we provided or created by you. If you want to track the "worked all chemical WC's in Canada" and you have a list of references you can create a custom award and share it with the community, for users that want to track this specific award.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

:D :D ... WacWCiC ... Worked all chemikal WC´s in Canada ... :D :D Nice example ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

If you want more information about awards and some background I woul recommend to go to http://www.dxawards.com/bkgnd.htm. The information provided may answer many questions about awards hunting.

The awards feature integrated in Log4OM makes it much easier to track a specific award. There is no need to apply all user awards definition files already provided, just take the ones you want to track. Additionally you will need the rules of this specific awards you want to track. For some of the awards there are additional record sheets, record books, Excel sheets, etc. available.

An upcoming version of Log4OM will provide links for some of the awards to easiliy find more information about this specific award. At the moment just search for the award name in e.g. Google, most probably you will find the website of the sponsor.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

OK, thanks for the explanations! :)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You might also read the extensive awards section of the Log4om user guide - Page 89 onwards!
73 Terry G4POP