QSL Manager confused itself

V2 error reports
K0HB
Old Man

QSL Manager confused itself

Post by K0HB »

Because my database has grown to about 150,000 QSO's, and because that size causes "promptness" problems in Log4OM, I decided to start a new database from scratch.

As a base of contacts for this new database, I did a "Utilities > QSL Manager > Download Confirmations" routine, and checked the "Add not found QSO to Log" box. This netted me about 18,000 confirmed contacts to start my new log (I downloaded just Year 2022 and 2023).

But now I have a problem -- obviously all of these contacts have previously been uploaded to LoTW, and also downloaded as confirmed contacts -- but they show up in Log4OM with "Requested" in both the LoTW "sent" and "received" columns, instead of the proper "Yes" in those columns.

What to do?
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Manager confused itself

Post by KI5IO »

K0HB wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 00:50 Because my database has grown to about 150,000 QSO's, and because that size causes "promptness" problems in Log4OM, I decided to start a new database from scratch.

As a base of contacts for this new database, I did a "Utilities > QSL Manager > Download Confirmations" routine, and checked the "Add not found QSO to Log" box. This netted me about 18,000 confirmed contacts to start my new log (I downloaded just Year 2022 and 2023).

But now I have a problem -- obviously all of these contacts have previously been uploaded to LoTW, and also downloaded as confirmed contacts -- but they show up in Log4OM with "Requested" in both the LoTW "sent" and "received" columns, instead of the proper "Yes" in those columns.

What to do?
Hans,

Easy to do. Use QSL Manager (LOTW), select the Q's you want to adjust and "tic" the Enable Update option. Make the changes as you need in the right panel. Once done, be sure to tap the "diskette" icon to save your changes.

If unsure ... just select a couple Q's and change them ... then select all the others and change them.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K0HB
Old Man

Re: QSL Manager confused itself

Post by K0HB »

KI5IO wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 01:03
K0HB wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 00:50 Because my database has grown to about 150,000 QSO's, and because that size causes "promptness" problems in Log4OM, I decided to start a new database from scratch.

What to do?
Hans,

Easy to do. Use QSL Manager (LOTW), select the Q's you want to adjust and "tic" the Enable Update option. Make the changes as you need in the right panel. Once done, be sure to tap the "diskette" icon to save your changes.

If unsure ... just select a couple Q's and change them ... then select all the others and change them.
Thanks! That worked out really well.

Now I have a freshly fast Log4OM logging program! QSO's prior to 2022 are still available in the "old" database if I need them for some reason, but for day-to-day operation, the last two years are all I'll likely need to deal with.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com