Inconsistent Data Import from QRZ

General discussions V2
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Inconsistent Data Import from QRZ

Post by G4POP »

Your choce but usually just one or manualy enter the settings at top using the old settings as reference
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Appreciate the fast response, but I'm a bit confused. So you are saying to delete my existing connections, and simply manually retype them in and save? If I'm entering the same commands in, how does that change anything?

My existing connections reference two different port numbers, while the new screen requires you to input the port number in the window. How do I reference two different port numbers?

My apologies on my lack of understanding, I just don't want to "break" anything! Many thanks
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

When you replace your udp connections you will be presented with a menu that allows you to select certain functions like upload to on line logs, save to your logbook which were not there when you originally configured them, see user guide for details
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
I did as you suggested. Deleted my old UDP connections as shown in the photo I posted.
Next, I clicked on the "+" and selected the preconfigured setup for WSJT / JT Alert. It shows port 2237, which I changed to 2235, what my original setting was.

I made sure that USE EXTERNAL DATA was checked, in fact all 4 options were checked. I saved it.I expected that once saved I'd see the 4 options shown, but they are not, only the JT Message with port 2235. I'm still not clear what "GT" is in one of the preconfigured options. Could this be a typo for "JT"?

Tried a few contacts and nothing has changed. The QSO is logged, but the stations OP and address is not imported from QRZ. I can manually UPDATE info and it pulls it right in. I think the problem is with USE EXTERNAL DATA - does that also need to be updated somewhere? I am running the latest version 2.29

So at the end of this ordeal, I decided to just enter the original statements, and for now be forced to manually update every QSO. Guess what, now I get an error message that LOG4OM is unable to log the QSO, but its contained in the LOG file. Hopefully there is some way to retrieve the 9 QSO's I lost while testing. Time to get some sleep. In retrospect I should have stayed with the older version that did not require the changes.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You clearly have a local problem so please EMAIL me a support request which you can generate from the help menu - See https://www.log4om.com/generating-a-support-request/
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Data sent to your QRZ e-mail address.
Many thanks
Bob, WA2SQQ
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
I think I've solved most of the problem.
Major Issue Solved
Step 1 on Pg 223 was able to be selected from the Preset Config "ADIF FROM GT/ JTALERT - OK
Step 2 on Pg 223 isn't clear that you need to manually enter the info and create the connection to port 1240. There wasn't any Preset Config menu to select this from, as in Step 1. This would be easier if this was more clearly explained.

Minor Issue
When you call CQ using WSJT / JTAlert, and a station contacts you, you should hear "Calling You". That was working correctly.
Now, "calling you" is announced after "RR73" is sent

I'm reluctant on trying it, but do you think that having the JT MESSAGE REBROADCAST as the first statement might fix this?

One last question, can you explain the difference between "SAVE" and "Save and Apply"? Why wouldn't just saving the connectons apply them?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Save just saves the changes you made and leaves the config window open for further edits

Save and apply saves the changes and closes the config window and applies the changes
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

OK, and any comment on the order of the broadcast message?
I've been using it all morning and it seems to be working OK, except for the "Calling You" announcement.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 18:57 OK, and any comment on the order of the broadcast message?
I've been using it all morning and it seems to be working OK, except for the "Calling You" announcement.
That will originate from the WSJT programs its not a Log4OM function
73 Terry G4POP