Award shown for every country

Moderator: OE6CLD

OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Award shown for every country

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

I am not exactly sure if this is a feature request or an error report but according to the manual this should work like I think so I post this here.

I did the WLOTA-Worked Lighthouse On The Air award yesterday, every single entry has the DXCC assigned at reference level. After doing some tests I found out that I can see the award entry also for countries where no lighthouse is (e.g. San Marino, T7). The same is also valid for the included ARLHS_WLOL award.

I understand from the manual that if you have no DXCC set at the header level (like in my definition), Log4OM will search the reference/data part and show only references related to the country for the call sign entered (this works correctly). If a DXCC country is neither listened in the header nor in the data part, this award will not be available (this is not working for ARLHS_WLOL and not for the WLOTA I did, you can see the award entry in every country).

It's very inconvenient to add all the DXCC entries at header level as well, especially for awards like ARLHS or WLOTA with reference numbers in many countries. Additionally, at data level you are using the DXCC id (ADIF number), at header level you have to go through the drop-down with the country names.

As far as I can remember (from a different award I did before) this works if you also define the DXCC at header level. In this case the award entry only will be visible for the selected countries.

It would be great if this will work the way it's mentioned in the manual.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Award shown for every country

Post by K7PT »

Maybe I'm on the wrong boat but, in doing the World Castle award, I had to enter the DXCC code of each of the countries for which the reference was related. I know of no other way to do it.

If a IW3HMH is being logged, it shows, correctly, only the "castles" for I-Land. For DL, only DL castles, etc.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Chuck,

Yes, for all countries with references it shows only the references of this country, this is working fine.

What I don't like is that I can see the award entry also for countries that don't have a reference number because this will clutter the drop down list and confuse the users if there a many awards in the list that are not valid for this specific country.

I think a work around is to set all the countries at the header level as well, but that's quite uncomfortable for awards like ARLHS or WLOTA.

Claus
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'll check but in the plans if you have the dxcc at country level you will see all references with dxcc = 0 in all countries.
if you set the dxcc at reference level this will win...
i will update Log4OM to automatically set AWARD DXCC using inside DXCC...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Thanks Daniele,

That would make life (and award creation) much more easier.

Maybe this can be made configurable (with a checkbox - take over DXCC countries from data).

Claus