Can LOG4OM use 2 LOTW certificates?

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Can LOG4OM use 2 LOTW certificates?

Post by WA2SQQ »

I'm wondering if anyone can explain how LOTW works with LOG4OM using a second LOTW certificate.
Several hundred contacts I made back in the 1970's using my original call, WN2SQQ, were part of my database. The station call was entered as WN2SQQ. These were uploaded using my LOTW certificate for WA2SQQ. I mistakenly thought that LOTW would have searched for any calls under WN2SQQ. Later I discovered that I needed to apply for a second LOTW certificate for WN2SQQ, which I have done.

I assume that I now need to do a bulk edit in the QSL info and change all the WN2SQQ contacts to "QUEUED", so they can be reloaded to LOTW.

My question is, how and where do I tell LOG4OM to use the WN2SQQ certificate?
Merry Christmas to all!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Can LOG4OM use 2 LOTW certificates?

Post by G4POP »

Bob,
If its a one off download to update the old QSO's then just change the details in the config of Log4OM

If your likely to need to use both regualarly then set up a seperate configuration of Log4OM for each call
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

It would likely be a one time requirement. What is unknown, where in LOG4OM do I designate the LOTW certificate for my old call, for this one time update?

Also, when I do this, would any new confirmations be combined with the confirmations for the primary call, WA2SQQ?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK Bob,

Assuming that you have TQSL and BOTH certs from ARRL installed on the Log4OM PC, then.........................

1. Whatever call sign and details you enter and save here will determine what QSO confirmations are uploaded to and downloaded from LOTW - Be especially carefull to use the correct station ID

LOTW 1.png
LOTW 1.png (127.24 KiB) Viewed 14846 times

2. When you view the awards statistics in Log4OM you can select which station call results you want to view or a combined result by leaving the station call shown below empty (Blank)

LOTW 2.png
LOTW 2.png (46.72 KiB) Viewed 14846 times

3. As for displaying the combined results on the LOTW website I thought there was a setting in LOTW that 'LINKED' all of your registered call sign? but you need to ask LOTW about that, I cant advise!
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Thanks very much!
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
Your explanation led me to discover several QSO's that were uploaded to LOTW with the wrong STATION CALL. I suspect this was one of several that were imported from another logging program. So here is my question ...

The QSO in question was uploaded with a station call of OH2BBF - no idea how or why but that's what it is. I manually changed the STATION CALL to my call, WA2SQQ. I saved it. Next I went to the QSL info, selected LOTW, and changed it to "REQUESTED" - saved it. LOTW is not identifying it as a QSO that needs to be uploaded.

Next, I tried the above but changed "REQUESTED" to "QUEDED", and saved it.
Same results - no upload.

How can I manually and intentionally upload the corrected files to LOTW?

UPDATE
So after uploading the above I decided to try something... I rebooted LOG4OM and after it reloaded I was able to upload the corrected file to LOG4OM. Is this necessary, and is there a way to do this without restarting LOG4OM?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

UPDATE
So after uploading the above I decided to try something... I rebooted LOG4OM and after it reloaded I was able to upload the corrected file to LOG4OM. Is this necessary, and is there a way to do this without restarting LOG4OM?
Bob,
I honestly cant remember but it is possible that with fundamental changes like the station call that it may be required or perhaps a lot of edits.

Make sure that your using 2.30.1.0 Beta release of Log4OM and let me know what happens next time that you do that sort of editing.

As always please state what Log4OM release number your using when posting messages for help because it helps us to draw a picture of your environment and enables us to provide more accurate assistance.
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I am using 2.30.1.0.
So I've been busy cleaning up my log and made a few discoveries that may be of use to you.
In cases where I had the wrong data in the "Station Call", I changed it to my call, WA2SQQ. In the QSL field I changed it to "Requested" and saved the changes. I though that LOG4OM would at that point see the contacts as ones that needed to be uploaded, but not so. I found out that you have to either reboot LOG4OM, or let the file sit for ~5 minutes. I suspect that the files need to be reindexed?

After the above, I was able to upload to LOTW and the file was updated.

The only other problem (very minor) that remains unsolved is with View / Award Status / DXCC
As you said, if I leave the drop down box empty I see my entire DXCC list. In my installation, I see 3 calls - WA2SQQ, WN2SQQ and a third call that I can't find in any contact. For all the other contacts where this occurred, I used the drop down window to find the file that had the bogus call entered in the Station Call field.

Hope you find this info helpful. I'm OK with all as it stands now
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 15:17
The only other problem (very minor) that remains unsolved is with View / Award Status / DXCC
As you said, if I leave the drop down box empty I see my entire DXCC list. In my installation, I see 3 calls - WA2SQQ, WN2SQQ and a third call that I can't find in any contact. For all the other contacts where this occurred, I used the drop down window to find the file that had the bogus call entered in the Station Call field.
If you click the third call do any worked entities display in the DXCC mixed award matrix?

If any do show worked for that call did you try clicking the marked square in the matrix to display the QSO's related to that entity/band that was so marked?
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

That's the strange part of this. The call in question is UL7RE. If I display contacts for that call nothing shows up in the DXCC contact grid, and I never worked UL7RE under any call. For the other calls I used that method to ID those contacts. I also figured out why they were there. These were mostly DXpeditions and I noted the ops call in Station Call - my error.

Is there any way to manually delete this UL7RE reference?