WAS Award status codes

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

n2crt
New user

WAS Award status codes

Post by n2crt »

When I pull up my DXCC Award status, I get results broken out with W, GRA, V, and C. This helps to match against actual LoTW posted status. And they are perfect.

But when I do WAS, I don't get the C codes. They are co-mingled with V status. So my comparison to LoTW is higher than what they show.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't want to change the QSL received status on those because that will make it tougher later if cards must be submitted for review.

Thank you, Gary
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WAS Award status codes

Post by KI5IO »

Topic moved to the Award View so it is easier for Claus to note and review.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
n2crt
New user

Post by n2crt »

Thank, Nolan. Sorry for hitting the wrong board.

Does Claus or anyone else have any suggestions? This is not a mission critical item, but it would be helpful to understand what I can do. The software is so good, so I assume it something that I'm doing--or not doing.

Thanks. 73, Gary
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Gary,

HNY and sorry for my late response. I checked the settings in the award manager an both awards will count LOTW and QSL for confirmation. If you see a "C" this means confirmed by QSL, but not submitted or granted (and not confirmed by LoTW). You usually will see a "V" for confirmed LoTW QSOs. They have been verified already by LoTW and you only need to submit to get them granted. You will find all the details regarding award status in the manual.

I checked my WAS award and compared it to LoTW and figured out that I had one state confirmed in Log4OM, but not in LoTW. After further investigations I saw that this QSO had two different states entries in the Award refs. After correcting this everything was fine. Additionally please also check your contacts where you only have a QSL card. Click on the slot in the awards screen, next double click the correct QSO to go into edit mode. Go to the "Awards Refs" tab and select the WAS@ entry on the left side. Check the Ref. Status on the right side. If this is "VALIDATED" for a QSL card that only should show "C" for confirmed, change it to CONFIRMED (and don't forget to save the QSO). After re-running the WAS award status everything should be correct.

Please let me know if this has resolved your problem.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ