Cluster reconnection

General discussions V2
ea3bp
Novice Class

Cluster reconnection

Post by ea3bp »

Good morning, in my shack I have very little Wi-Fi signal and the cluster disconnects from time to time. I would like to know if there is any way to ensure that when the cluster is disconnected it will automatically reconnect. It's possible?
Greetings
Xavi
EA3BP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster reconnection

Post by KI5IO »

ea3bp wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 08:16 Good morning, in my shack I have very little Wi-Fi signal and the cluster disconnects from time to time. I would like to know if there is any way to ensure that when the cluster is disconnected it will automatically reconnect. It's possible?
Greetings
Xavi
EA3BP
Xavi,

You are not alone with this hiccup. It is an anomaly that only happens to some OMs (including myself and another Alpha support member).

Lele is looking at a 'reconnect' to help minimize the cluster drops.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ea3bp
Novice Class

Post by ea3bp »

Thank you very much Nolan for your quick response, I hope you find the solution.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ea3bp wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 11:51 Thank you very much Nolan for your quick response, I hope you find the solution.
Xavi,

Hopefully we will be able to do some internal Alpha version testing before too long.

Problem is that the 'cluster drops' is very intermittent and does not happen to all OMs across the board.

I have a very fast fiber connection to my QTH and I've used both ethernet and wifi connections from my laptop to my router and I'll still get drops. But ... sometimes it might be a week or more before it drops. Cannot predict at all.

With you having noted a weak or low WIFI signal certainly doesn't help at all in your situation.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ea3bp
Novice Class

Post by ea3bp »

Thank you very much Nolan, grateful for your comments.
All the best
Xavier