POTA completley blank

General discussions V2
KS4VOL
Novice Class

POTA completley blank

Post by KS4VOL »

Hello all

I went to see how many POTA I have. I noticed not all was listed under [view] [award status] there was ten or so I knew I had more. I went to the manual and found on page 173 to 174 it talked about POTA. I interpreted it as possibly needing to update as in Step 1. Well now there are no POTA listed under Award Status it is completely blank. I didn't check Step 8 that is the only thing I didn't do as I thought I haven't updated before. I geeked on that as I was merging an update to an existing data. I like to get this straighten out as I love POTA contacts and plan to activate parks in my area.

Thanks Again everyone for the help ahead of time.
Screenshot (27).png
Screenshot (27).png (22.34 KiB) Viewed 829 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: POTA completley blank

Post by G4POP »

Allow time for each of the actions below to complete

First go to setting\update resources\Log4OM awards

Then in View\Award status select the POTA award

No while still in the award status dialog select the 'Maintenance' tab

Finally in the Maintenence tab select 'Rescan award references'

See also viewtopic.php?t=9041
73 Terry G4POP
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

Thanks Terry
I did what you listed. I now have all POTA Award Status Award View under All when checked lists all the POTA but is still doesn't show under Wkd my worked parks. What populates this when checked? I'm thinking a field on my log doesn't have the right info, but it should fill it in automatic. The Not wkd list all POTA but the Wkd and Wkd not cfmd are stillcompletely blank with no listing of even the parks.

I still trying to digest the link you provided. LOL Is that why it's not populating POTA Wkd and Wkd not cfmd?

Thanks again for the help.
Attachments
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (30).png (25.54 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (29).png (45.36 KiB) Viewed 739 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KS4VOL wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 15:24 I still trying to digest the link you provided. LOL Is that why it's not populating POTA Wkd and Wkd not cfmd?
No that has nothing to do with your issue but it will cause problems very soon

I assume that you 'Rebuilt the references' in the maintenence tab as instructed so cant understand why it works for all of use but not for you! Please email me an ADIF file of your logbook or the sqlite file if its not to large to email
73 Terry G4POP
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

Yes I tried again just to make sure and waited for all the red windows to complete. I waited for the red bars to complete when I was on the rescan award references Under Maintenance Tab and my cursor was at an hour glass and waited for it to change back. So I know they finished loading. I have two data SQLite database files only tried the Harriman Main. But looked on the other and it isn't filled in either. Do I need to do all SQLite files? I didn't think of it till just now. I'm thinking the one I did should have worked at least for that database. I emailed you the smaller one it is for the new QTH I live at now.

Just to let you know when I go to "First go to setting\update resources\Log4OM awards" as you asked it appears as if nothing happens. Maybe its just fast or changes in the background unseen on monitor.

Boy when I screw something up I do it good. LOL

Thanks for your help.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Remember there are approaching three quarters of a million POTA references so far so an award update or refresh of show all references can take a long time - patience is a necessity :D :D
73 Terry G4POP
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

With ADD/HD
patience is a virtue
is really a virtue. :D :D

I sent you a SQLite file in the second email. I waited until the refreshing data red file bar in lower right of Awards status/Award view was gone and gave it at least 20 minutes on my Pentium I9 with 64gigs of memory and a 2TB SSD. So if it takes longer then that on my computer others are really in trouble with much slower. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See your email and thanks again Sir.
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

KS4VOL wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 13:40 With ADD/HD
patience is a virtue
is really a virtue. :D :D

I sent you a SQLite file in the second email. I waited until the refreshing data red file bar in lower right of Awards status/Award view was gone and gave it at least 20 minutes on my Pentium I9 with 64gigs of memory and a 2TB SSD. So if it takes longer then that on my computer others are really in trouble with much slower. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See your email and thanks again Sir.
I apologize from the side.
I can't imagine it taking that long. I'm wondering what kind of problem there is, but this screen will appear after a short wait.
Do you think it is correct to display the following in the current award database?
This screenshot shows the old code of the current database and the result of inputting Sig and Sig info for each QSO. POTA users will enjoy it.
I hope the database will be able to support the new code soon.
POTA1 2024-04-03 083857.png
POTA1 2024-04-03 083857.png (45.26 KiB) Viewed 590 times
POTA2 2024-04-03 083619.png
POTA2 2024-04-03 083619.png (85.43 KiB) Viewed 590 times
73, Kiyo JA9HWD