Einstellungen External services Lotw Station ID nicht möglich

Moderator: DF5WW

dk8ka
Novice Class

Einstellungen External services Lotw Station ID nicht möglich

Post by dk8ka »

Im Handbuch wird suggeriert, dass ich im Feld Station ID etwas eingeben kann. Das ist bei mir nicht der Fall. In TQSL ist alles korrekt eingetragen. In Log4 OM wird die Station ID weder angezeigt, auch nicht durch Klick auf den Pfeil aufrufbar. Klick auf das Order Icon führt auch zu nichts, es öffnet sich kein Fenster. Ich weiß nicht, was ich machen soll. Ein Ausrufezeichen wird beim Ordersymbol rechts neben dem Feld Station ID angezeigt und Mouseover sagt, dass ich eine gültige Station ID angeben muss. Das ist aber nicht möglich, eine manuelle Eingabe wird nicht gespeichert. Auch ist es nicht möglich einen Pfad einzutragen, wohin denn auch?
Bei bekannten OMs kann man im Feld Station ID über den Pfeil alle in TQSL eingetragenen Standorte abrufen. Bei mir wird nichts angezeigt. Offenbar mangelt es am Infoaustausch. Weiß leider nicht weiter. Vielleicht kann jemand helfen. Habe jeweils die aktuellen Versionen installiert von TQSL und Log4OM. Log4OM wurde, soweit ich mich erinnern kann, als Administrator installiert.
73, Klaus
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Einstellungen External services Lotw Station ID nicht möglich

Post by G4POP »

Type the iD the first time and it will be saved for further recal at a later time
73 Terry G4POP
dk8ka
Novice Class

Post by dk8ka »

Hello Terry,
well, I observed that I have to type something in the field Station ID to store an adjustment I made at another place. When I make an adjustment and Klick on save and apply, automatically the window external services at the tab Lotw opens and I get the message: please complete the required information. Station ID is empty and I type in the station ID that is used in TQSL. After that I can successfully store all my changements. By the way, it makes no difference what I type in. But the entry Station ID is not visible when I open the window later on.
If a have different Station IDs, after clicking on the down Arrow right the field Station ID, on a pull down list all entries should be visible. But there is nothing. I assume there must be a connection to TQSL to that place where Station IDs are stored. Or how do Log4OM get this info? All other users I know didn’t not need to enter the station ID, it’s automatically retrieved and selectable in the case of multiple station IDs. Anything must be wrong in my installation.
73, Klaus
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK firstly you must have a tempory route stated I use C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\temp

Secondly the Station ID must be eactly as shown in TQSL for example I have 'Home' and also 'Home (G6CNQ)'

Once the form is complete with the TQSL exe path and other data save and apply will save for future retrieval

So in my case the drop down alongside Station ID displays 'Home' and 'Home (G6CNQ)' ready for me to select if required

If you only have one station ID then the drop down is not active because the config defaults to the only ID available

We try to resolve your issues on the forum so that hopefully other users find the answers by searching the forum when they have a problem, if the issue is not easilly resolved we will request a 'support request' for direct contact and support but as you would expect 99% of issues are resolve on the forum.
73 Terry G4POP
dk8ka
Novice Class

Post by dk8ka »

Ok, all entries are in your described manner. In TQSL I have two Station IDs. In the field Station ID (log4om) nothing is shown. There is no retrieve. So again my Question, how does Log4OM get the Info about Station ID which is deep in a path that log4om doesn’t know. Of course, I can enter a Station ID, but only one, what’s about the second? In all Videos I have seen about log4om regarding lotw, I have seen one ore several entries in this Field Station ID. In my case it is empty, when I open this window again after an manual entry and Save and apply. And there is no reaction when I click on the folder icon right of the field Station ID.
And what’s about the config you mentioned? Is this a file which I could edit?
Attachments
IMG_3505.jpeg
IMG_3505.jpeg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
IMG_3504.jpeg
IMG_3504.jpeg (72.2 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

First time your add 'Frieburg' by manually (By hand) typing the name into the station ID field - Click Save and apply

Second time Type in by hand, manually, 'Home' into station ID field - click 'Save and apply'

From this point onward anytime you visit this menu again you will have two entries in the drop down menu for you to select the one you want.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

These Station ID's are saved in the Log4OM config so they are available next time you upload to LOTW
73 Terry G4POP
dk8ka
Novice Class

Post by dk8ka »

I told you that nothing is shown in the field.
I did it again as you described with two Station IDs.
The ID Field and the drop down menu is empty.
And when i open Help, Self Care Window i find only one Entry LOTW Station ID and this is the Second one i entered.
But ok, there is obviously an entry for Station ID. But it is not shown.
73, Klaus
dk8ka
Novice Class

Post by dk8ka »

Terry, can you send me a screenshot of the config.ini part lotwstationID where I can see how it looks in the case of multiple stations IDs in TQSL?
And how does log4om retrieve the station ids from tqsl?
The normal case is, that a user does not need a manually entry of station ID, it is automatically shown. So what is wrong in my case?
73, Klaus
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

In Config these lines

"LOTWUser": "G4POP",
"LOTWPassword": "???????????????????????",

Clearly I wont show actual password

You can easily check from Help\Self care information
73 Terry G4POP
dk8ka
Novice Class

Post by dk8ka »

Well these are the user and Passwort entries.
But I like to see the lotwstationid entries in case of multi station IDs in TQSL.
Please tell me how does log4om retrieve the station ID from TQSL?
73, Klaus DK8KA