Upgrading to v2.32.1.0

General discussions V2
kk4dx
New user

Upgrading to v2.32.1.0

Post by kk4dx »

Hi. I am about to attempt to upgrade to the subject version from v2.18.0.0. I downloaded the new version, extracted from the zip and am about to go through the install, but I wanted to make sure my settings were retained with the new install. I have searched the topics on the forums and also perused the "updating from a previous version of Log4OM Version 2".
It looks like everything will be retained, however a backup is recommended. The backkup procedure seems a bit convoluted since I chose to have Log4OM2 create a backup in the default folder so the pathname is different. I know the backups exist already, so why not just copy the latest to another folder? Also, the QSO's database backup is one thing, the settings for interfacing with my rig is another.
Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upgrading to v2.32.1.0

Post by G4POP »

All settings including CAT and database are retained.

But because computers are a rule unto themselves we always recomend doing a backup - Simply File/backup and save it somewhere you will remember, even to your desktop! then dump it after a successful install

I sometimes do several installs of Log4OM a day when testing and so far have not needed to resort to a backup - Famous last words :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If your using the dredded WSJT mode make sure that your UDP settings are what you want, we changed it a few releases ago - Full details in the user guide, release notes and on this forum
73 Terry G4POP
kk4dx
New user

Post by kk4dx »

Perfect. Thanks Terry!
With regard to WSJT....I do have some UDP settings. I haven't used the digi modes much lately, but it's always nice to be set up for it if I get the 'itch'.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP