computer & laptop

General discussions V2
ZB3Z
Novice Class

computer & laptop

Post by ZB3Z »

Hi guys well i use a pc at home & a laptop when out mobile or in another room , i have read that google Drive is the best for storing log4OM so i downloaded & installed google drive and on both computers i have saved to my google drive as i havent read anywhere about installing on 2 pc's , if some one out there can tell me how to get Log4OM on 2 machines i will be very gratefull ........ steve ZB3Z
ZB3Z
Novice Class

Re: computer & laptop

Post by ZB3Z »

well i finally did it thanks to Terry G4POP
The way i did it & im sure some one will correct me if im wrong is i downloaded & installed google drive to my Computer & to my Laptop https://www.google.com/drive/download/, I then went to https://www.log4om.com/download/ went through the complete process of Installing to my computer & to my Laptop
once you click on the Desktop shortcut to open it will ask you to fill in some info which Log4OM requires , Fill in the Info then when it pops up about the Database select SQlite you should see this G:\MY DRIVE\Log4OM.SQlite just make sure you have that selected on both computer & laptop it will then share the log Book info to the 2 machines ....
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

This is something that I have strongly considered several times. I’ve not done it because it would require internet access every time I operate. My home PC is my primary installation. Contacts made using my laptop are simply imported into LOG4OM on the primary installation.

However, I do use Google drive as a secondary backup location for both PC’s.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

That's the point with GD INSTALLED on both PC's they sync next time you have an Internet connection
73 Terry G4POP