Alerting when spotted station is needed for some award

Moderator: OE6CLD

yt9tp
Old Man

Alerting when spotted station is needed for some award

Post by yt9tp »

Log4Om shows basic info of worked, or worked on the same band. It would be great if ti can alert when spotted station counts for some of the awards (even custom ones) user is targeted on.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Alerting when spotted station is needed for some award

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm thinking something about that.
The main problem is the "award recognization" starting from comments is a very complex thing.
I've made something about that on the 1.18 as new feature but the recognization process could take some seconds to be completed.

Reference lists are not kept in memory, but loaded at runtime each time you need them (the whole award package will use at least 100mb of disk space in the actual xml structure).
I'm thinking about moving the award definitions to a separated database, in order to have better performances, without loosing the automatic update from web.

I will probably move to database by release 1.19, while 1.18 will be still on xml files.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

I guess it would not be a problem for awards that are based on call signs like prefixes or special calls, and that was what I had in mind.
For other awards, I agree that could be quite complex.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

yes, callsigns are simpler to extract from a comment string, because i have some regexp that did the work.
The search into xml files is, anyway, a "long process". Again, this will be fixed hopefully on a db migration
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH