Update DXCC Award Status Automatically

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Update DXCC Award Status Automatically

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

I am looking for a specific feature in Log4OM. Either I am too stupid ;) (I searched the manual several times) or it is simply not possible.

With the new award feature implemented into Log4OM I recently transferred my OE6CLD to Log4OM. This was one of the last features I really was missing, beside a good bandmap ;)

Over the weekend I wanted to update my DXCC status (credit granted). With about 1500 credited DXCC records this is nothing I want to do manually. From the LotW website you can download a report called "DXCC QSL Download" (LotW website, Awards -> Select DXCC Award Account -> DXCC QSL Download) which will provide a detailed report regarding all your credited contacts in a specific ADIF format that looks like:

Code: Select all

ARRL Logbook of the World DXCC QSL Card Report
Generated at 2014-06-16 08:24:42Z for OE6CLD

<ADIFVER:5>3.0.4
<PROGRAMID:17>LoTW qslcards.php
<PROGRAMVERSION:6>v1.3.1

<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_Call:6:S>OE6CLD
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_Entity:3:N>206
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_Country:7:S>AUSTRIA
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_Name:13:S>CLAUS STEHLIK
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_ARRLId:10:N>0000000000
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_SysId:7:S>0000000
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_LoTWId:4:S>0000
<APP_LoTW_DXCCRecord_Updated:19:S>2014-02-05 02:41:16

<APP_LoTW_NUMREC:4:N>1526
<eoh>

<CALL:5>XM1DX
<QSO_DATE:8>19900101
<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:5:S>PHONE
<APP_LoTW_MODE:5:S>PHONE
<BAND:3>20M
<DXCC:1>1
<COUNTRY:6>CANADA
<CREDIT_GRANTED:24>DXCC,DXCC_MODE,DXCC_BAND
<APP_LoTW_CREDIT_GRANTED:40:S>DXCC-M,DXCC-PH,DXCC-20,DXCC-CHAL,DXCC-5B
<eor>
For the first QSO this would mean that this was credited for DXCC Mixed, DXCC Phone, 20m DXCC, DXCC Challenge and 5-Band DXCC. Many of my old QSOs were submitted by QSL cards, without matching LotW contacts.

I really don't want to go through all these contacts manually and check the related check boxes in the award tab.

Is there a way to do this automatically? Can I import this file into Log4OM? Although this is an ADIF file, it's different from a log file, so I'm wondering.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Update DXCC Award Status Automatically

Post by G4POP »

I am sure we modified the LOTW normal download routine when LOTW first started including this information in the download so a normal LOTW download in the Log4OM QSL Management dialog should do it for you

I don't chase paper so can't test it but I am certain that K7PT could check
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (140.67 KiB) Viewed 8109 times
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your update. That was one of the first things I did after migrating my log (and running a lot of SQL queries) to Log4OM.

This only will update the LotW QSL status but not the "Award Credited" box in the Awards tab.

The ADIF you get when clicking on the download button (the one you get when you go to "Your QSOs" -> Download Report) is a different one to the one you get when you go to Awards -> Select DXCC Award Account -> DXCC QSL Download.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Thanks Claus,
That explains it so what we need is a LOTW awards merge, I will speak to Daniele about this.

Meanwhile can you send me the download file by email so that I can experiment?
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi all,

I think we had this item already, see in USER SUPPORT: "DXCC administration - credit granted"
Daniele promised to modify the MERGE-option which should solve the problem. I am still waiting for this modification.
73 Olaf DK2LO
AE4Y
Novice Class

Post by AE4Y »

I'm looking for a way to have the DXCC Awards Status in Statistics and Awards reflect the number of entities that I have credit for at LOTW.

I've downloaded the same ADIF file from LOTW that Claus referenced in the original post starting this thread back in 2014. This file is nothing more than a listing of the DXCC entities for which LOTW has granted credit as having been worked and confirmed. No specific QSO information is included.

I’m not clear on whether it was determined that a Merge function was implemented and whether it would be safe to import this type of file in order to update the statistics page.

Any clarification will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kent, AE4Y
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Kent,

Sorry for the delay in answering this.

I have written a program which reads the ARRL DXCC adif export file and will update Log4OM with credit granted for all your dxcc credits, including those from card checking. Although there are caveats, as older DXCC records before approximately 1996 do not contain full qso information, it works well for those who have used it.

You can read more about this issue and the program I wrote in this thread - viewtopic.php?t=1755 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1828 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2874

If you would like to obtain a copy of the program, email me at svtdoug (at) gmail [dot]com.
Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA