New version

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G7CQW
Advanced Class

New version

Post by G7CQW »

I have uninstalled the previous version of Log40M and installed the latest version. Issue, when Log40M opens it is asking for a new configuration and doesn't see my existing database? I have to ctrl alt del to stop Log40M? Any advise please.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New version

Post by G4POP »

Did you uninstall using either the uninstaller we provide or by Windows control panel add and remove programs or did you manually delete files?

First try uninstalling and reinstalling using a new download

If it still has a problem

In windows search for *.sqlite (star dot SQLIite) files and you should see your database file something like G7CQW.SQLITE make a note of where it is.

Now in Log4om just go to file/open database and open the SQLite file that you found, this will restore your logbook

All configuration files are stored in the c:\users............\roaming\logom folder! check if you still have the folder and files
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Terry, I uninstalled using the Windows uninstall utility in Control Panel. I know the location of the database, it's in Dropbox. The problem is it won't let me past the Settings screen and won't close down that screen to let me at the file tab?

I have uninstalled and re downloaded as suggested but still have the same issue. I have uninstalled and re installed this way on all previous versions without issue?.

Tony.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Tony
I can't see why this should be happening, especially as it is the only report of this from anyone for this release!

Your only choice is to enter your details again in the set up screens so that you can proceed to the program and the in the file menu open your logbook from drop box.

I think we need to add an install log so that if this happens we can immediately see what the cause was.
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Terry, I have re entered info in setting as advised and can now point Log40M to the database.

Thanks for the assistance.

Tony.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G7CQW wrote:Terry, I have re entered info in setting as advised and can now point Log40M to the database.

Thanks for the assistance.

Tony.
Hi Tony,
That is good.

For future reference it's a good idea to print the config so that you have easy reference to user names, passwords, upload codes and now API codes. There is a facility to do this in the settings windows that prints to a PDF file which you can then save to your Dropbox in case of emergencies like this one.

Sorry you had this issue and I can't understand why, I will ask Lele to add an install log so that we can monitor these issues.
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Terry, as luck would have it I still have a second copy that I run on my laptop so I can print the info off that one.

73 Tony.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Just downloading and installing the new 1.18.0 via the correct way. First uninstalled older Version, installed via setup.exe witht administrator rights (Win7 64 Bit). All is working well and all of the setup options and the former database (QSO) are found by L4O.

All looks o.k. here .... more tests late sunday. Now out for our locat chapters summer fest :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
SM5MEK
Novice Class

Tnx update.

Post by SM5MEK »

Tanks for update, now see if any news i can use.;-)
I removed the old program with win7 but also take backup on the log. ALWAYS take an backup on the log, can save you weeks of boring work to restore from paper backup, if you have one.
Wen i installed, all items was there, i newer had to do anything except the connection to the radio. It will newer start when program is starting, i have to start it up manually every time.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

There is an option in settings about radio auto-start.
Did you checked this?

Also note that if you start your interface after Log4OM start, the computer could not have detected the new COM port and Log4OM will be unable to start CAT on a not initialized serial port.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH