QSL Information box layout

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
VK7XX
Old Man

QSL Information box layout

Post by VK7XX »

When you double click on a contact in the QSO Informatiuon (F7) or Recent QSO (F9) windows the Update QSO box opens. When you select the QSL Information tab, the layout of the boxes at the top is.........
QSL/ Sent - Sent Date - Received - Received date - QSL Sent via - QSL Received via

Now I am not saying that this is a problem, or in any way bad, but does anyone else thing it might look & feel better if all the "sents" and all the Receives" were adjacent to each other ???? as in .............

QSL/ Sent - Sent Date - QSL Sent via - Received - Received date - - QSL Received via

or, am I just too much of a virgo when it comes to layouts ???

John
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSL Information box layout

Post by IW3HMH »

user interface is keep as clear as i can... but sometime i'm forced to add new fields and, again, sometime i can fail to reorganize following new structure.
I'll check and reevaluate that part of the ui

lele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK7XX wrote:When you double click on a contact in the QSO Informatiuon (F7) or Recent QSO (F9) windows the Update QSO box opens. When you select the QSL Information tab, the layout of the boxes at the top is.........
QSL/ Sent - Sent Date - Received - Received date - QSL Sent via - QSL Received via

Now I am not saying that this is a problem, or in any way bad, but does anyone else thing it might look & feel better if all the "sents" and all the Receives" were adjacent to each other ???? as in .............

QSL/ Sent - Sent Date - QSL Sent via - Received - Received date - - QSL Received via

or, am I just too much of a virgo when it comes to layouts ???

John
Sorry but I disagree!

The sent, sent date, received and received date are stacked vertically for QSL, LOTW & Eqsl information

It therefore follows that the QSL sent via and received via should be ranged horizontally alongside the QSL information, not interrupting the column layout for Sent, Sent date, received & received date
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,

Terry permit me to come back to John's idea
It seems interesting, we are grouping the information, in one side for sent, ad in other for received

We can also to improve it a bit more....
Another interesting point that in glance we can have the information more easily, would be to have the labels "QSL" "LOW" EQSL" coloured according the the color we use for confirmed ( usually green)
When we have received QSL (paper) the label QSL should be green and others stay black, if we receive only LOTW , than LOTW label, should be green.
The sent Labels stay in black

What do you think?
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX