WPX Award problem

Moderator: OE6CLD

iz8gcb
Novice Class

WPX Award problem

Post by iz8gcb »

Hi all,
I have a problem with the WPX award. Practically I can not find it in the awards list. I tried to download the awards list again, but it does not appear. How can I fix? many thanks
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WPX Award problem

Post by DF5WW »

You can´t find so this one is not included in the awards a.t.m. .... Main awards in the statistucs are DXCC, IOTA, WAS, WAZ, WAC and SOTA and in "OTHERS" also not WPX is defined yet .... see attached picture ... Maybe our "Award Manager" can implement this in the future :D :D
Attachments
df5ww.PNG
df5ww.PNG (64.57 KiB) Viewed 9438 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
iz8gcb
Novice Class

Post by iz8gcb »

Thanks for your reply. It 's strange because in the list of "Awards update Package" posted on this forum, WPX is included. I do not understand .... :? :?
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hmm, i downloaded and open the update package zip file and you´re right. There is an award wpx xml included but not in the actual online updates. So it could be an issue. I will report this to our award manager ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Someone checked the log file? Almost EVERY ERROR MESSAGE is explained there...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Lele,

i don´t see anything in the logfile and i never used WPX before read this post. Fact is that the wpx isn´t in the actual listing but in the old update zip file .... I wrote an email to Claus that he take a look on it ... B.t.w. can´t test this with some older versions ... Running the actual beta here ;) ;)
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

IW3HMH wrote:Someone checked the log file? Almost EVERY ERROR MESSAGE is explained there...
I also looked at the log file and do not see the WPX award either. The log states that the award file started loading and that it completed the loading but no WPX award seen on the list.

Aldo VA3AG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I believe we decided to hard code the WPX award at some later date and include it in the main awards menu with WAS etc. so we dropped the award from the user awards
73 Terry G4POP
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

G4POP wrote:I believe we decided to hard code the WPX award at some later date and include it in the main awards menu with WAS etc. so we dropped the award from the user awards
Yes...Now that Terry mentioned it I recall that it was decided to hard code the WPX award. Thanks Terry.
Aldo VA3AG
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

This was discussed back in April and we decided to handle WPX as a conventional award. It does not make much sense to manually add every possible prefix to a list, we already have the information in the QSO.

Terry, G4POP: Firstly let me say that I think that WPX would be better as a conventional award because all of the prefixes are already in the software so there is no need to add a prefix when recording a QSO its already there. It would be best handled the same as WAS, WAZ & WAC in my opinion.

I only provided the user defined award as a quick fix for a user!
Thanks for bringing this up.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ