Uploading external QSL info and multiple call signs

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
yt9tp
Old Man

Uploading external QSL info and multiple call signs

Post by yt9tp »

I quite often use YT9tP. YT9TP/P and YT9TP/QRP call signs. My log is filled according to used data. I try to keep fields Station Call sign up to date to actually used call sign.

When i have to upload QSO logs to external logs it gets quite hustle as I have to go to SQL Manager and separately manually configure uploading for each cal sign, each time.

This is quite tedious task:

First i have to filter log by Station Call sign to get only QSOs foe specified call sign.

Then I have to filter them out to get only not uploaded QSOs, then I click on upload (for example to eQSL) and fill upload form with specific login and home as eQSL requires separate accounts for each call.

I have to repeat this for each of three call signs.

Also, when downloading external logs, i again have to log in with different user for each call sign.

I have to do this each time. I did not find a way to preset at least login info for each call sign so I do not have to enter it again and again.

Is there an easier approach?

Ideally, it would be that i have to set external log info once for each Station Call sign so that I can simply run log uploading/downloading and everything else is done automatically, but I would be happy with anything that would help me run this uploading tasks in easier manner.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Uploading external QSL info and multiple call signs

Post by DF5WW »

Note that /QRP is not an official extension. You may have problems whit LotW and/or eQSL confirmations when the other station not send as /QRP ... If i operate here i use never a /QRP i give it in the normal qso text that i use qrp power .... Other irregular extensions are /LH or /LTG for lighthouses or /SOTA or things like this. Official is only /m /mm /am /p or /1-0 when you are in another part of a country where it´s marked by the prefix numbers .... former we have had also /a for a second qth ....

Only as information ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

yt9tp wrote:First i have to filter log by Station Call sign to get only QSOs foe specified call sign.

Then I have to filter them out to get only not uploaded QSOs, then I click on upload (for example to eQSL) and fill upload form with specific login and home as eQSL requires separate accounts for each call.
Why not just filter by date/time?
, when downloading external logs, i again have to log in with different user for each call sign.

I have to do this each time. I did not find a way to preset at least login info for each call sign so I do not have to enter it again and again.
You could set up different configurations for each operation each with different upload codes!

/QRP is not a recognised suffix so if you don't use this it reduces your problem by a third - Set the power to the QRP power and then you can search on that.

/QRP is not accepted by LOTW or QRZ and possibly not by eQSL but they are a rule unto themselves so they may ignore the fact that it's not a recognised suffix
73 Terry G4POP
yt9tp
Old Man

Post by yt9tp »

Yes, I know, QRP is not official but it is very common so I use it. eQSO and LOTW do not complain about it.

Regardless, issue stays. what if I go mobile? What if I decide to regulary activate some SOTA location which are in nearby country, so i have to use country prefix?

No, i cannot filter by date simply because I do not see point of having side notes about when I worked in what mode. I use Log$om to log things and I make sure that each qso log already has all info needed to distinguish different call signs used.

Using profiles for this is not quite user friendly, as then I have to duplicate all station info and settings, and update if something changes (regardless of prefix and suffix, this is still the same base call sign). Also, there is very annoying issue of needing to restart application each time I change profile.

I forgot to mention that HRDLog actually behaves very nice. it accepts all logs on single account and actually folows Station Call sign field for actual used call sign so I can simply upload single log there.
YT9TP, op. Pedja, QTH Uzice, Serbia, http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

You should change profile every time you change place or mode...
i dunno what is your activity type, but once you start in /P it's highly probable you don't need to switch to home call before the end of the activity...

Log4OM will use user profiles to keep track of your settings while you're working in different situations, so change the user profile is (actually) the best choice.
I will check for the opportunity to add a filter in eqsl/lotw uploads, based on callsign in use, so you can automatically upload right qso (based on current callsign) for each profile used.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Re: multiple call signs

Post by HB9BRJ »

IW3HMH wrote:You should change profile every time you change place or mode...
i dunno what is your activity type, but once you start in /P it's highly probable you don't need to switch to home call before the end of the activity...

Log4OM will use user profiles to keep track of your settings while you're working in different situations, so change the user profile is (actually) the best choice.
I understand I need separate profiles when operating at home (HB9BRJ) and as SOTA activator (HB9BRJ/P, DL/HB9BRJ/P). But what about the database? Can multiple profiles share a common database? Is the profile data copied into the database with each new QSO entered while this profile is active? Thanks for a short confirmation.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: multiple call signs

Post by G4POP »

HB9BRJ wrote:
IW3HMH wrote:You should change profile every time you change place or mode...

I understand I need separate profiles when operating at home (HB9BRJ) and as SOTA activator (HB9BRJ/P, DL/HB9BRJ/P). But what about the database? Can multiple profiles share a common database? Is the profile data copied into the database with each new QSO entered while this profile is active? Thanks for a short confirmation.
Yes they can share a common database and the data saved is that applicable to the configuration in use - All of the ADIF fields <MY_??????>

e.g. Each QSO will have the following data from the configuration in use recorded

1. The details entered into the "Station Info" tab of options for that configuration

2. The QSL defaults set in the "QSL & Labels" tab of options for that configuration

3. The status of any automatic uploads selected in the "External Logs" tab of options for that configuration

This way you can sort and select from the common database the data required to be viewed or edited by Owner, Station or operator call sign, locator, QTH, Operator name etc for example when printing QSL labels
73 Terry G4POP