Auto qso transfer to fldigi

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4CUS
Novice Class

Auto qso transfer to fldigi

Post by G4CUS »

Hi,
Am trying out log4om with fldigi with a view to ditching my current log/digi program.
I have got fldigi to transfer qsos to log4om but not the other way around. Is it possible? I often switch modes during an operating session. Ie. I switch from SSB to digital and vice-versa depending on cluster spots etc. This at present gets the two logbooks out of sync unless I keep doing ADIF imports to fldigi. I like to keep digi and voice modes in step so I can see who I have worked and on what modes.

Regards,
Antony
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Auto qso transfer to fldigi

Post by G4POP »

G4CUS wrote:Hi,
Am trying out log4om with fldigi with a view to ditching my current log/digi program.
I have got fldigi to transfer qsos to log4om but not the other way around. Is it possible? I often switch modes during an operating session. Ie. I switch from SSB to digital and vice-versa depending on cluster spots etc. This at present gets the two logbooks out of sync unless I keep doing ADIF imports to fldigi. I like to keep digi and voice modes in step so I can see who I have worked and on what modes.

Regards,
Antony

Although the Fldigi provides XML/RPC transfer it is only in one direction as far as the QSO entries are concerned.

However do you really need to keep the logbooks in sync because in FLDigi you are only working in the data modes and that QSO information will be OK?
73 Terry G4POP
G4CUS
Novice Class

Post by G4CUS »

Thanks for the reply Terry.

It is not absolutely essential to have both logs in sync but having had this faciltiy previously its good to be able to see if one has had a qso at all with a station when hovering over a callsign in the RX window of fldigi. I could live without the facility though or even do a periodic adif from log4om to fldigi. Regards, Antony
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes this is the problem when you can't use a database common to both programs as HRD and DM780 do. FLDIgi only maintains a very rudimentary ADIF database so not help there either.
73 Terry G4POP