I don't understand the Awards in Log4OM

Moderator: OE6CLD

N5INP
Old Man

I don't understand the Awards in Log4OM

Post by N5INP »

I guess I'll have to admit it in the open, but I do not understand how the Log4OM awards work. Yes I downloaded the latest manual and read the awards section, and I've played with it for a long time. but I still do not understand what I'm supposed to do. It just seems very intricate and hard to understand for me anyway. I'm hoping somebody can help me.

For example, in the awards manager, there is a "Canadian Provinces: Worked all Canadian Provinces" I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with that screen. And in the Statistics and Awards area, there is again a selection under Awards "Canadian Provinces: Worked all Canadian Provinces". When I select it what am I supposed to see there? All I see are different check boxes for modes and confirmations, but no matter what I check nothing appears in the grid after a refresh, even though I've worked many Canadian stations and they are all in the Log4OM log.

And even if I got it to work, where does the "award" come from? I don't understand that either. Who "owns" the award - I mean who grants it?

So, I'm very sorry to trouble you all, but I just can't manage to understand what I'm supposed to do, even after reading the manual. :(

Can anyone provide an "idiot's guide to the Log4OM awards? Is there another post on them here already that might help me?
K7PT
Old Man

Re: I don't understand the Awards in Log4OM

Post by K7PT »

Each QSO, individually, must be marked for a given award other then DXCC. That is done in the "Update QSO" window and the Awards Tab. Select the award on the right side, like Worked all Canadian Provinces, and it's descriptor, like British Columbia, from the drop-down on the right side and save it.

If entering a new QSO, select the award and it's descriptor in F3 before saving it.

Each award is sponsored by an organization such as the World Castle Award (WCA), which you can do a Google search to find the information at http://www.wcagroup.org/ENG/main.html

BTW: There are no dumb questions on this forum. Thanks for asking the question. ;)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

Thank you, just that little bit helped a whole lot. I'll attempt to three-read the manual now and see if I can get the rest worked out.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Watch the video it's explained about four minutes into it

http://youtu.be/3gGEI5wSVtw
73 Terry G4POP
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

If you have any other questions, please ask. :)
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

OK guys thanks. I watched the video also. I think I have the basics down now. I want to try for the Worked all Canadian Provinces so here I go!