Locator Not Working

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
K2RAH
Novice Class

Locator Not Working

Post by K2RAH »

New to this tool, so bear with me if I don't have the terminology correct. I have loaded the tool (several times) and imported a database (several times), trying to fix this issue. When I look at the QSO data in the "Recent QSO" window everything looks fine. When I use the "QSO Information" tab and enter a callsign, the "World Map" pops up but the wrong locator information is displayed (both the map vector and the locator window to the right of the map are wrong). I believe I have completed the following correctly (again, several times via Un-install, Re-install, re-import, etc).

Initial setup steps
1. Fill in ALL of the
“Options/Station Info tab” information fields.

3. Ensure that a database is created by following the instruction in this user guide
“STARTING A NEW LOGBBOK”.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
K2RAH
K7PT
Old Man

Re: Locator Not Working

Post by K7PT »

The locator is derived from either HamQTH or QRZ during the lookup and from QRZ, only,if you are a paid subscriber. 8-)

I see on QRZ that you are not a paid subscriber. Try HamQTH.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please provide an example of what call sign you are entering and if possible a screen shot showing the whole of the Log4om screen with the "QSO Information (F7)" window and distance/path pane

Please ensure that the locator is being displayed in the F1 tab

This should provide me with enough information to diagnose your problem

BTW have you activated either QSZ or HamQTH lookup in the Options/Settings 1 tab?
73 Terry G4POP
K2RAH
Novice Class

Post by K2RAH »

Actually, I am a member of HamQTH. The interesting part is, the tool goes out to HamQTH and pulls in the correct data. I have verified it by checking several of the QSO's via the the "Recent QSO" window tab. Only when I use the "QSO Information" window tab does the map vector and locator info to the right of the map window show up wrong. I can send some screen shots this evening.

When I re-install the tool, it appears to be pulling in an old *.ini file or config file which is left-over from the Un-install process (I have manually deleted the QSO imported file). Could this be the problem??? Does Un-install really delete all the files associated with the tool or should I use MS Windows program to Un-install the tool or locate and manually delete all the folders/files associated with the tool?

~ Thanks,
K2RAH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K2RAH wrote:Actually, I am a member of HamQTH. The interesting part is, the tool goes out to HamQTH and pulls in the correct data. I have verified it by checking several of the QSO's via the the "Recent QSO" window tab. Only when I use the "QSO Information" window tab does the map vector and locator info to the right of the map window show up wrong. I can send some screen shots this evening.

When I re-install the tool, it appears to be pulling in an old *.ini file or config file which is left-over from the Un-install process (I have manually deleted the QSO imported file). Could this be the problem??? Does Un-install really delete all the files associated with the tool or should I use MS Windows program to Un-install the tool or locate and manually delete all the folders/files associated with the tool?

~ Thanks,
K2RAH
The uninstall does exactly the same as the Microsoft control panel uninstall it uninstalls the program files - Not any user files like your configuration which are securely stored in your windows "Roaming/Logom" folder

Continually uninstalling and re-installing will not cure your problem you have something set up incorrectly, this is why I requested your screen shots

Assuming you are using version 1.20 there is no need to uninstall every time, you can install a new release over an old one

Make sure that you are running the program as an administrator to take advantage of all of the programs features, this is covered in the user guide.
73 Terry G4POP
K2RAH
Novice Class

Post by K2RAH »

Looks like operator error or my part. The tool appears to work just fine. Thanks for the quick feedback.

~ K2RAH