Locator and QRZ

General discussions about Log4OM features
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Locator and QRZ

Post by WA1MAD »

First of all, I am a newbie with any logging software. I have viewed and reviewed log4om you tube videos, read the quick start guide and the users manual. I start the program as an administrator (but can't tell if it starts differently), I have filled out the station info page but the first thing I noticed is that the "my locator" which is FN42 is fine but isn't saved and is red after I return to the page. I am a QRZ paid SML logbook member and have selected QRZ in "settings 1", entered my call sign (user) and password, I reentered them just in case. In external logs I have entered my (16 - letters/digits) API key and looked it up again to be sure it is correct. I have downloaded omnirig (as suggested in the users guide) and it is working fine. Well that's everything I have done so far. I mentioned that I start the program as an administrator, but I'm not sure if that's really the case. Maybe page 20 and 21, which explains administrator functions and further steps will help. Any suggestions are appreciated.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Locator and QRZ

Post by G4POP »

The station info locator requires a six digit reference, your locator if FN42pf - enter the full locator, including the pf and it will save OK
73 Terry G4POP
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Hi Terry. This made a big difference and never thought the pf would make a difference (or was needed). Now I can continue to sort out the remainder of my database not found issues and using QRZ. That is just my unfamiliarity with associating computer files etc etc. At 72, learning new thing is a good challenge. Thanks for helping me along. 73 Mike WA1MAD
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Did you solved your issues?
Database not found is because you don't have created any database yet...
it's similar to start typing a word document without "file -> create new document"

Terry has created a lot of video tutorials on youtube that could help you in the first setup
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
WA1MAD
Advanced Class

Post by WA1MAD »

Yes thanks. All good now. More questions as I use more features.