Contest Mode with CW - Received NR lost sometimes

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
dk2lo
Old Man

Contest Mode with CW - Received NR lost sometimes

Post by dk2lo »

I made a few hundred QSOs in CW WW CW the last weekend. I tested LOG4OM with the K1EL Winkeyer support heavily. I found a few points for improvements I will post in feature suggestions.

I made one strange observation I want to describe here. Sometimes the "ADD QSO" button in the Winkeyer window results in an error. Though the "Contest RCVD" field was filled the program asks for it again. Please see the attached hardcopy which shows the situation. Unfortunately this error happens only sometimes, I guess perhaps around every 10th QSO and I was not able to find out any reason for this behaviour. Perhaps its a user error but I couldnt figure out what was differnt with these QSOs.

Does anybody else experienced the same? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Attachments
CQWW.JPG
CQWW.JPG (231.76 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Contest Mode with CW - Received NR lost sometimes

Post by G4POP »

Hi Olaf,
Very strange behaviour!

Difficult for us to diagnose after the event so could I request that you help us as follows

When you start the next contest please enable debug mode from the help menu

When you see this error reoccur please complete and email me the "Support request" form from the help menu

Also a question, which Winkeyer are you using, I notice the firmware is version 1!
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

thank you for the advice, I will do so in the next CW contest. I have also no idea what is wrong. Really very strange!

It is Winkey revision 10. Here I use CW-Keyer from Microham with USB device router 8.5.6 and CW-Keyer v. 5.4 (Winkey rev. 10). At least this is what the software says.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Olaf,
I thought it might be a Microham unit, the Winkeyer chip is the old 8 pin version which cannot be replaced by the latest 16 pin DIL chip.

This is a pity because the new chips firmware is very much more advanced and in fact version 3.0 chip can now be updated by the user when new revisions are issued by Steve.

Steve and Art have been very helpfull during our development of Winkeyer support in Log4om, they are a great couple of guys.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It could be an "interference" between threads, due to the way used to set this value on the main user interface.
I'll try to reproduce.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Thank you Daniele and Terry,

unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the error, it just seems to happen unpredictable.

If I need new hardware I appreciate any advice. I thought with the firmware version 10. (not 1.) I am up to date.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Olaf,
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, you don't need to change the hardware!

I was just commenting that it was a shame that you won't be able to update the Winkeyer chip

No 1, or as it returns when interrogated 10, is very old we have had various releases of 2.0 and now we are on 3.0 however 10 still works very well!

The debug report will list the error however intermittent it might be, just send the report to me soon after the next occurrence.
73 Terry G4POP
W2EJG
New user

Post by W2EJG »

How did you get the WinKeyer to light up? I have the old serial port model which works well with WinEqf, N1MM and N3FJP. I selected WinKeyer in the menu but there is no provision to set the ComPort. After two days I now have the FT-990 talking to the computer very nicely. Give me WinKey and I'm off to the races.

Bob W2EJG
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Bob,
I'm desperately trying to make an old winkeyer serial version working with log4om without success.
It works with other interfaces but when called by log4om it simply stop answering.
I'm about to write to k1el to have some help... it seems I'm doing everything correctly but the wk simply ignore my calls... while the USB one works flawlessy

Stay tuned
Lele iw3hmh
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH