Bug in Search string algorythm ....

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
TY2CD
Novice Class

Bug in Search string algorythm ....

Post by TY2CD »

I clicked K3C on the cluster and HK3C a station I worked previously came up in reference to K3C. I suspect the search algorythm string is finding the HK3C and showing it as if I have worked K3C before. It is a minor irritation but a bug in the search algorythm strings.

73 de TY2CD
ik2egl
Old Man

Re: Bug in Search string algorythm ....

Post by ik2egl »

Morning,
Search criteria in QSL management and in QSL archive will result all qsos which contain somewhere the string

K3C will result all qso containg K3C (HK3C, K3CM, ZK3Cl as for example)

if you need a more precise search you need to use the SEARCH paramenter functionality that you have at the bottom of some windows.

Open it and you will have more restrictive search criteria (CALL beginning with, CALL LIKE etc). Have a look at the manual (search paramenter filer chapter)

hny and many dx :D
73 de Don IK2EGL
TY2CD
Novice Class

Post by TY2CD »

Thank you for the reply Don.

I think I understand the handbook on how to do searches. The issue I noted is when I logged a QSO I was busy with, the program brought a callsign up I have worked before containing part of the call I was working. My understanding is that function should be showing that I worked or in the case I am referring to, not worked the callsign I was in QSO with and not which callsigns in the logfile has similar strings. It also do not doing this with all QSO's I have worked before. The program should have shown nothing at all as I have not worked that callsign before.

Best for 2015

Wynand TY2CD
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It's a known "limit".
The limit was a compromise between a strict search and a more "open" search as actually is.

using a "strict" approach will remove references like EA3/K3C or K3C/P or other similar, so our choice was to keep it "wide enough".
There is, obviously, a drawback but this applies rarely, and mainly to short calls that can be similar to other, while works well with more traditional calls.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH