Alerts; Main Log4OM window to keep keyboard/Mouse focus

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
EI4HQ
Advanced Class

Alerts; Main Log4OM window to keep keyboard/Mouse focus

Post by EI4HQ »

Hi,

HNY to one and all.

On Windows 7 (I can't comment on other Windows versions) each time a Log4OM alert triggers, the main logging window loses mouse and keyboard focus i.e. the mouse/keyboard focus in Windows shifts to the Alert window. This is maddingly annoying; the operator goes to type in some e.g. QSO information to find the keyboard and mouse focus aren't on the logging window anymore! :evil:

Could a change be made to automatically return the keyboard & mouse focus to the main Log4OM window following a Log4OM alert? I'm aware this could be tricky to implement as it's under WIndows OS control to a significant extent and the question arises to what textbox, checkbox etc. do you return focus to in the main Log4OM window? If it does prove infeasible, as a fallback could a convenient button be placed on the main window toolbar that would allow the operator to temporarily disable Log4OM Alerts (I know the Alerts can be disabled via the settings->Alerts menu option but a more convenient button on the main window would be good)?
BR
Cormac, EI4HQ
[Cobh IO51uu / UTC] NNNN++++
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Alerts; Main Log4OM window to keep keyboard/Mouse focus

Post by G4POP »

Hi Cormac,
Happy new year to you also.

Yes this is annoying but I think the only person that can answer this one is Daniele.

I am going to move this thread to user support because is more an issue than a feature suggestion
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Alerts; Main Log4OM window to keep keyboard/Mouse focus

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Cormac.
Interesting thing, i didn't noticed that.

I'll check and i will find a solution.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH