locked frequency not recorded

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VK7XX
Old Man

locked frequency not recorded

Post by VK7XX »

today, while working some JT65 contacts on the 10m band, I decoded, and decided to work a stn who was TXing JT9 up the far end of the waterfall. Because JT9 is usually logged with a frequency of 28.078 I clicked the padlock adjacent to the frequency readout and typed in 28078 which correctly changed the frequency readout in Log4OM (V 1.20.0.0) to that of 28.078.000 however, when I eventually logged the contact the actual radio frequency of 28.076 was recorded and not that as set in the window.

Is this a bug, or did I miss something when making the change ???

John
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: locked frequency not recorded

Post by G4POP »

Did you click 'Suspend Cat reading" in 'Settings' ?
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

I Use JT-Alert which integrates nicely with Log4OM and 4 JT65 programs - I use WSJT-X and the exact TX frequency is always correctly recorded. The log data entered into WSJT-X gets automatically passed to Log4OM. Worth a look.

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote:Did you click 'Suspend Cat reading" in 'Settings' ?
No, I didn't. I didn't know I had to. And, I shouldn't have to. If I click the padlock for mode lock the mode gets locked to whatever I set it to no matter where I go on my radio. One would have thought that the frequency lock would behave the same. Having different behaviours for different padlocks is not exactly a good move.

John