How to move to a new laptop?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
VE3VEE
Old Man

How to move to a new laptop?

Post by VE3VEE »

I'm moving to a new laptop. I've installed a new LOG4OM on the new laptop. How do I now copy my LOG4OM configuration and data from old laptop to new?

Thanks.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to move to a new laptop?

Post by DF5WW »

Good morning OM. If you are using the same operating system like Windows 7/8/10 on both machines the easiest way should be to copy the complete Log4OM Folder you´ll find at C:/users/"username"/appdata/roamig/ (Windows7 path) .... to the same position on the new Laptop .... Is the OS different you have to look where you find this folder at the new machine .....

AppData folder normally is a hidden system folder, so you have to setup your windows that it shows hidden folders too ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Juergen,

Thanks! That was simple! I copied the entire Log4om folder from the path you mentioned and now my configuration on the new laptop is just the way it is on my old laptop.

Step #2. How to now copy my QSOs from the old laptop to the new one? What's the best way?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi ??

Copy your logbook file on the old laptop to a memory stick, the file will be something like Your call sign.sqlite ( you can identify the name and location by looking at the bottom right corner of the Log4om screen.

Now save the sqlite file onto your new laptop, perhaps in your documents folder

In Log4om on the new laptop go to File/open database, locate the sqlite file and click open
73 Terry G4POP
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Terry,

Thanks!

In the bottom-right corner of LOG4OM window (in the old laptop), I do see the path to the .sqlite file. I copied it from the old laptop to the same location (My Documents folder) in the new laptop. However, I don't yet see my QSOs in the new installation. In the bottom-right of the LOG4OM window in the new laptop, instead of seeing the path to the .sqlite file I only see "NOT CONNECTED". What am I overlooking.

Both laptops use the same Windows 7 version.
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

All is OK now. To correct it, I un-installed LOG4OM and then installed it again. Then it started to see the .sqlite file and all is fine. Thanks again to both, Juergen & Terry!

73 Marvin VE3VEE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VE3VEE wrote:Terry,

Thanks!

In the bottom-right corner of LOG4OM window (in the old laptop), I do see the path to the .sqlite file. I copied it from the old laptop to the same location (My Documents folder) in the new laptop. However, I don't yet see my QSOs in the new installation. In the bottom-right of the LOG4OM window in the new laptop, instead of seeing the path to the .sqlite file I only see "NOT CONNECTED". What am I overlooking.

Both laptops use the same Windows 7 version.
You missed the last line of my posting - File/open database then navigate to where you saved the sqlite file!
73 Terry G4POP
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

Yes, I did! Thanks Terry for your help. All is OK now.