DXCC

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
M0TRJ
Novice Class

DXCC

Post by M0TRJ »

Z62 and Z63 calls from Kosovo are not showing in Log4OM they are unlisted how can i fix this please
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DXCC

Post by G4POP »

Kosovo is not a legal entity under DXCC rules therefore it is not included

If Kosovo are ever recognised then the country will be added
73 Terry G4POP
M0TRJ
Novice Class

Post by M0TRJ »

Strange qrzcq list kosovo as does my old logging program
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Log4OM shows all Z6 calls as "No DXCC Status", as Terry says, "it is not a DXCC entity".
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M0TRJ wrote:Strange qrzcq list kosovo as does my old logging program

Well they are wrong because there is not a DXCC reference for Kosovo

Extract from Clublog
Although 103 UN member states now recognise Kosovo, Russia and Serbia, and some other countries, do not support full independence for Kosovo. Russia has the power of veto. The DXCC status of Kosovo is unchanged.

Between December 2013 and March 2014, Club Log allowed Z6 to be stored as "Republic Of Kosovo" with "invalid for DXCC" as the mapping. On 11 March 2014, in view of a lack of progress and the time needed to explain this situation, this was reversed and Z6 is now no longer mapped to any DXCC.
Extract from ARRL
Under current DXCC rules, Kosovo does not qualify as a DXCC entity. For that to happen, Kosovo must become a UN member or be assigned an official ITU prefix. Kosovo’s telecommunications regulatory authority will issue Z6-prefix call signs to visiting radio amateurs for a fee.
Extract from DX Coffee
At this point one may ask what’s going on in Kosovo now… a new country that indeed declared itself independent and, although not recognized by many countries, and still not part of the UN, can not be recognized by the ITU for the assignment of a regular prefix.
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Simon (M0TRJ) ...

The problem is that qrzcq.com is a german site which uses the status from the IARU R! region ... In the IARU R1 Kosovo is counting for awards .... It not counts for any awards in R2/R3 and it also not counts for DXCC status or any CQ Award .... I just worked Z63MED a few minutes ago at 30 m and HRDlog.net send me an eMail with "Congratulations zu reached 241 contries" but it is worth nothinf for a DXCC ... Hrdlog.net is also in IARU R1 and they count it.

If you like that Z6 calls are shown as "Kosovo" you have to edit the DXCC list manual. But after the next update it´s back to "No DXCC Status" ... So you have to edit after each update ...

My personal thinking:

Lot of Guys from "Kosovo" meanwhile leaving the country to go to Germany or other parts of the EU .... I think that Kosovo not will be a regular "Country" in the next future. So the DXCC rules are good for me and if i like a IARU R1 Award it counts (at the moment) ..... ;) ;)

No Log4OM issue, a political "mistake" .....
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
M0TRJ
Novice Class

Post by M0TRJ »

Many thanks for the clarification