MySQL caching ?

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
hb9cat
Advanced Class

MySQL caching ?

Post by hb9cat »

Hi all and thank for this great software,

one of the main reasons to select it has been to be able to access my MySQL QSO database from different locations, the DB ist stored in a NAS at home running a MySQL server that I'm accessing through the internet.

It work well, but every single DB update or lookup takes obviously some time, it can gets tedious if I have many single updates.

Log4OM is already loading the DB at Start and I beleive it stores it back as I exit; would it be possible to keep that data in a temporary local cache to speed up lookups ?

Thank you

Marco HB9CAT
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: MySQL caching ?

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Marco,
data stored are mantained in some data structures that keeps statistics (band/mode/awards/confirmations and so on).
Those data are "light and fast".
What you're asking is having the Whole qso database in memory, and this is not possible: Too much memory will be needed to store the data, and the database will not be safe against a power failure.
If you loose power in your PC, all data are safely on the database files, where also the last QSO is in memory some milliseconds after you saved it.
What you lost in a power shortage is the in-memory statistics, that are rebuilt in 2-3 seconds while Log4OM is starting up
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH