logbook display

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: logbook display

Post by G4POP »

k2jf wrote:I wonder if it could be the RTS DTR settings. I tried a different CAT device - Blackcat. Didn't help. But just now I set the RTS and DTR both to high... so far so good. Anyone else have the Icom 756 Pro III? what are your RTS DTR settings?

Yes I have the ProIII with a G4ZLP Digimaster Pro Three interface

Omnirig settings are:

Comport = Your choice
Baud Rate 19200
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop bits 1
RTS High
DTR High
Poll Int 1000
Timeout 4000

However it does not sound like a settings issue!
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Phil,

I think I now understand what you mean with limited size of the layout width. I will do a feature request for this.
73 Olaf DK2LO
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Terry

yes, SP3 for XP
Log4OM 1.14.0.0
Windows firewall and Avast Free Anti-virus but this was happening even when I just had Microsoft Security Essentials running.
No other software running and I'm not sure about Net.framework. Not sure where to look for that.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k2jf wrote:Terry

yes, SP3 for XP
Log4OM 1.14.0.0
Windows firewall and Avast Free Anti-virus but this was happening even when I just had Microsoft Security Essentials running.
No other software running and I'm not sure about Net.framework. Not sure where to look for that.
Log4OM installs .Net framework automatically unless you say no during install.

Try an uninstall of our software and then re-install but accept the net framework request, this will then ensure that you have the correct setup.

Next time the program stops responding please send me the log file - Help/Show Log then 'File' - 'Save as' to save the text file. You can then email it to me, don't clutter the forum by posting the log file here it takes up a lot of space.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k2jf wrote:After going into 'layout' of the logbook it seems that I'm limited to total visible width. In other words I would like to see the 'comments' box extend further out.

See http://www.pisto.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=234
73 Terry G4POP
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Thanks Terry - if and when it happens again I'll do what you suggest and send the log file.
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Terry - it froze up again.. rig control stopped working. Frequency no longer changes with the rig. I'm attaching the txt file from help - show log. I tried attaching the file but get this 'The extension txt is not allowed'.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Phil,
You need to email it to me at g4pop@arrl.net
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

It's not a Windows or framework issue.
It's probably something on CAT level. Log4OM receives events from omnirig, so it should not froze if omnirig stop answering, but i'm unable to check that.

We actually support Hamlib libraries too, instead of Omnirig. Hamlib is installed out of the box with Log4OM, so the only thing you should do is to switch CAT system in settings, open CAT screen and set your informations in the boxes.
Hamlib is less known, but for some kind of rigs is really stable and provides a really big set of features, like remote controlling of your rig via network (Log4OM installed in a local PC and another PC with the rig remoted using LAN or internet).

Try that, but if you have had troubles with other software in CAT control, using omnirig, i think the issue is there.
Try lowering flags in RTS/DTS and lowering baud rate. If cable is not perfect, an high baud rate can misread data and this can cause unpredictable effects on Omnirig.

Let us know :)
Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH