CAT disable

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

CAT disable

Post by DF5WW »

Would be nice to can disable L4O from CAT connection if it´s running.

The reason is that some Softwares (WSJT, WSJT-X) are using the same virtual COM for PTT like CAT did. The way now is to start L4O, open Settings dialog and uncheck "Enable CAT at startup". Then close L4O and restart it.

Example:

I use WSJT-X with the Ham Apps from VK3AMA. Hamapps logging direct to L4O but it must be open. In WSJT-X i have to use the same virtual com for PTT (with CAT PTT don´t works) so i have a COM for PTT but no CAT active. If i start L4O after starting WSJT-X it grabs the COM so WSJT-X don´t has a CAT connection and the port looks free for L4O. But if L4O grabs COM PTT in WSJT-X don´t works (Com in use).

Easy way: A button in L4O to disconnect from CAT while running.

Is that possible to do :?: :?:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT disable

Post by G4POP »

Hi Juergen,
Perhaps it is possible to use a com port splitter so that both programs can share the port, I don't use WSJT so I am not sure!

Otherwise just go to Omnirig in Log4OM and select 'None' for the rig perhaps?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry, my interfaces uses a USB to UART Bridge and gives a virtual COM3. A virtual comport not shareable i think. Have looked for a software that can share virtual coms but not finde some.

Where´s "Omnirig" in L4O ?? I only see the "Rig" Button on the main window and i can change to Rig2 which is setted to "None" in Omnirig. If i set to Rig2 WSJT and WSJT-x can´t use the COM for PTT so i think that Omnirig itself hold´s the connection to this com port when running. That´s why i asked for a "Disable CAT" function that closes connection to Omnirig.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote:Hi Terry, my interfaces uses a USB to UART Bridge and gives a virtual COM3. A virtual comport not shareable i think. Have looked for a software that can share virtual coms but not finde some.

Where´s "Omnirig" in L4O ?? I only see the "Rig" Button on the main window and i can change to Rig2 which is setted to "None" in Omnirig. If i set to Rig2 WSJT and WSJT-x can´t use the COM for PTT so i think that Omnirig itself hold´s the connection to this com port when running. That´s why i asked for a "Disable CAT" function that closes connection to Omnirig.

;) ;)
Hi Juergen,

Eterlogic provide a free comport program which includes a splitter so just make a splitter using Com 3 at the physical end and the VSP splitter port say com 9 then connect everything to com 9

What happens if you set Rig 1 in the Log4om rig window and click OK?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Will try the Etherlogic software.

I use Rig1 to connect to my IC-735, if i set to Rig2 it disables CAT from L4O (no Frequency shown e.g.) but i think that Omnirig itself holds the COM for Rig1 if Rig2 is connected to L4O. Not shure about this but COM3 is not usuable from other Software if i connect to Rig2.

Would be easier if the Omnirig software can be opened while running but that don´t works. If that was possible i can set both Rigs 2 "None" and COM3 would be "free" for other software.

Will try COM splitting first now.

;) ;)
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

So, have testet Etherlogic VSPE but don´t works. It can share only "real" COM ports. My virtual COM3 was not shown in VSPE´s device list to split him. :cry:
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jeurgen,
What interface do you have between the 735 and the computer?

Do you have Skype?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

Interface for CAT and digitals is a SB-1000 Link-all-3.0 by CG Antennas using the 1200 Bd parameters for the IC-735. Origibal cable set to CI/V and ACC1 ...... Have Skype but no Microphone at the computer yet. My USB Headset solved with my Flex-1k5 ;) ;)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Jeurgen,
Try to find a headset so we can talk on Skype please, this will save time resolving both problems
73 Terry G4POP